Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted BIOS for CHIPS EGA card: " Phoenix Enhanced Video BIOS PLUS Version 1.02 01 "

Default Wanted BIOS for CHIPS EGA card: " Phoenix Enhanced Video BIOS PLUS Version 1.02 01 "

Hiya!

I am looking for a rom image for the CHIPS P82435 EGA card with the string "Phoenix Enhanced Video BIOS PLUS Version 1.02 01"

Does anyone by any chance has a card with it and can dump it?

TIA for any info/help!

A dump of Phoenix Enhanced Video BIOS PLUS v1.00 can be found here just in case anyone is interested: http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/...logies-p82c435
    Still if someone has a newer bios please share it

I have what I believe is an older card rev. Slightly different board layout, but same components. The RCA connectors are stuffed and the PLCCs are in sockets. At least the (C) still says the same.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

so what version is your bios then eeguru? layout is not important as it's just a different manufacturer

No one confuses us with IBM.Copyright (c) 1986 - 1989 Phoenix Technologies Ltd
    All Rights Reserved
    Video RAM
    Phoenix Enhanced Video BIOS PLUS Version 1.02 01
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

nice! can you dump it?

Thanks so much for the dump eeguru!
    My card's original Phoenix EGA bios was from 07/21/87 , your newer BIOS is from 05/12/89 almost 2 years newer. I will update finally
    thanks again!

No problem. Here is a photo of the card I have:

and here is mine:

basically the same thing with different arrangement of the ICs and jumpers/connectors

btw I have made a PDF of my card's manual (thanks to a member on VOGONS providing the pictures) so in case you did not knew the exact DIP SWITCH settings you can use these here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/u3x65l...ard_manual.pdf