Image Map Image Map

Thread: Digelec Serial Pinout

Blog Entries

Default Digelec Serial Pinout

I have been given a Digelec 824 EPROM station with the Ver 2.12 ROM pack. The thing was basically free because according to the last owner it had been dropped more than once but when we poked at it I could read, verify and burn with it still. The problem however was that he did not have the manual and thus while the software can be found online he could not find the pinout for the serial cable but recalled it was neither standard passthrough OR null modem. He also obviously did not have the cable for it.
    I cannot seem to find the pinout either, nor a copy of the User Manual which I am gambling on also probably has the pinout. Has anyone here seen a copy of it or the pinout? It doesn't seem like that bad of a programmer.
    = Excellent space heater

Found this on the model 804 - look on page 72 mentions the 824.

http://dec8.info/Digelec/Digelec%20M...4%20Manual.pdf

Jim
    Who let out the magic smoke!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

I saw that PDF but I didn't think to check the errata pages for it. I'm sorry.
    That is precisely what I am looking for. I'll try and whip up a cable and see what happens.
    = Excellent space heater

I hope it works for you.

Jim
    Who let out the magic smoke!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 824 too, must check the rom pack version. I have made a list of all the devices it can program.
    Have programmed several 8748 with it and a lot of Eproms.

My Digelec came in 'not working' state: the CPU came out of its socket, refitted it and has worked fine after that.
    Only thing not working correctly is the UV light timer: it never shuts off after starting. I use a seperate timer to track erasure time and then open the drawer (which shuts off the lamp).

I upload the Intel hex files in ASCII mode using 'minicom' on the host computer (a Linux system).

P.S. I also have some DOS software (SOFTLINK) but never used it.
    Last edited by gertk; August 6th, 2017 at 09:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Yeah, softlink was the first thing I came up with as well.
    Seeing as the cable does use some of the hardware handshaking lines would I expect that it would behave with the RECEIVE a file or SEND a file functions under Procomm?
    = Excellent space heater

Blog Entries

Hmm.
    So I built a cable to the spec and verified it was correct. I still cannot however get it to either send data to the computer or talk with SOFTLINK. Pulled out the serial port tester and all the pins are showing up.
    = Excellent space heater