Image Map Image Map

Thread: Short IMSAI with 11 slot backplane?

Default Short IMSAI with 11 slot backplane?

Has anyone ever seen a short IMSAI with only an 11 slot backplane like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/rare-vintage...r/192269424297

BTW, this is not mine. I've never seen one like this before.

smp

That's a TEI chassis that's had an IMSAI front panel placed in it. The CVT power supply is a giveaway. I have the same chassis in blue (it was at VCF East a few years ago) and suspected that you could probably get an IMSAI front panel in there, as the TEI motherboard has a front panel slot.

So, not an IMSAI product, but not shocking it exists.

3. Default

Still fairly cheap at just over $200. Seems like a good way to get an IMSAI Front Panel (even if it needs parts), and a lot of parts to sell off.

I suspect this will go high, having the IMSAI front panel in a short TEI chassis covers one of the more common complaints I've heard about IMSAI stuff: size!

5. Default

I sent the Seller a message to explain to him that the computer he was selling was not a Genuine IMSAI to avoid potential problems with Buyers who might have been misled into thinking that the computer for sale was a rare or scarce IMSAI Prototype, and running the bidding up to ridiculous levels.

The Seller Ended the auction, and Relisted the computer with a updated description. The price has risen even higher than it was before fueled by a bidding war primarily between two inexperienced (less than 50 Feedback) Bidders.

I was looking over the Seller's Other Items, and noticed that he's selling a lot of (75) used 8" floppy disks at an Opening Bid Price of $19.95( plus $32 shipping). They appear to be all single-sided. Some of them are Original Masters for CPM-80 type programs. For me, the valuable disks would be the (6) Original Shugart Single-Sided Analog Alignment Disks. Those things would have cost at least $100 a piece when new, and have not been available for for 30 years. If you need single-sided alignment disks, this would be an OUTSTANDING PURCHASE. If you need programs, this might be a good investment for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/75-Vintage-C...sAAOSw1VRZilSL

This Seller also has some early S-100 boards selling separately, that look like they are in good shape as well.