Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing Model 4P

I use clock oil, same maker of Deoxit 5. I've even used 3 in 1 oil.

Car parts store has moly I'm sure, but I have used 3 in 1 for 35 years and never had a problem because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    I use clock oil, same maker of Deoxit 5. I've even used 3 in 1 oil.
    For oil, I like this stuff called TriFlow. It's very popular with the sewing machine enthusiasts.

Moly grease and a few other types check Hobby stores. That's where I get mine
    *FrankG*
    Just a few old dust collectors that work! Sort of! Or when they decide to!
    TRS-80 Model 4 , Model III, Pentium 233 "Tweener"

+1 for 3-in-1 oil. I apply to the carrier rails with a q-tip ("cotton bud" in the UK) as it is really easy to let too much out of the can and end up with a big clean up job.

Add to the missing list my 2nd version of the Model 4 Technical Reference Manual (the smaller format version). I still have the original large format version but the 2nd version was better.

Someone had that listed a while back on eBay, and I dont know if it sold or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphasite View Post
    Add to the missing list my 2nd version of the Model 4 Technical Reference Manual (the smaller format version). I still have the original large format version but the 2nd version was better.
    Interesting. I have both but I never realized there was a difference. What made the smaller version better?

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    Interesting. I have both but I never realized there was a difference. What made the smaller version better?
    No differences at all Pete, just smaller and harder to read so you should sell your copy to me.

Seriously, the smaller version had the GA model added.

If anyone has a spare copy they'd like to sell, let me know. I'm a motivated buyer.

LOL you haven't broken your computer have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    LOL you haven't broken your computer have you?
    Not yet, but give me time.

I have a couple of ideas on some hardware upgrades I want to make and I need to recreate some missing source for my CP/M Plus BIOS. I have most of it recovered now but there are a couple of gaps.