Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Missing Model 4P

I have a page-width magnifier. I even had a lighted one, but it's wherever your missing 4P is. Since LASIK almost twenty years ago, I am loathe to use spectacles when I can avoid it. (A monacle might work but I don't care to be associated with the kind of people who wear them for style.) The magnifier has the added advantage of being a paperweight, and the bottommost bookmark when reading twelve different parts of a book at a time.

For future reference, I've printed numerous copyrighted technical manuals from PDFs via Office Depot's website without a hitch. Stuff current, and much more questionable-looking. I suppose if I made a dozen copies that might raise a flag. The way such things are almost always officially distributed electronically, they must expect that we are printing them legally (which every time I've done it, I was, and I expect this case is perfectly legal, too).

Quote Originally Posted by Alphasite View Post
    Add to the list of things I've found is a copy of the "Model 4P, 4P Gate Array Service Manual". I didn't even remember having a copy so I bought another one recently. I suppose I can sell the extra copy.

Speaking of the service manuals, did Radio Shack ever release one for the Model 4 and/or 4 GA? I don't remember ever seeing one.
    Yes, they did release a 4 service manual, in fact several, I believe. I have the later one with the GA support but it is missing several critical sections.

I finally gave in and got progressives and couldn't believe how blind I had gotten over the years. I hike and just seeing the outline of the leaves in the trees was breathtaking compared to what I had been seeing before.

I've been working on two programs at the same time on my 15" MacBook Pro and have the screen set to the native resolution and it is readable with these suckers. For those who cant imagine, its 2800x1800 without scaling on. Yes it requires a little more concentration but it really helps when you're gong through the books and trying to find a missing transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    Yes, they did release a 4 service manual, in fact several, I believe. I have the later one with the GA support but it is missing several critical sections.
    Have you found any electronic copies?

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    I have a page-width magnifier. I even had a lighted one, but it's wherever your missing 4P is. Since LASIK almost twenty years ago, I am loathe to use spectacles when I can avoid it. (A monacle might work but I don't care to be associated with the kind of people who wear them for style.) The magnifier has the added advantage of being a paperweight, and the bottommost bookmark when reading twelve different parts of a book at a time.

For future reference, I've printed numerous copyrighted technical manuals from PDFs via Office Depot's website without a hitch. Stuff current, and much more questionable-looking. I suppose if I made a dozen copies that might raise a flag. The way such things are almost always officially distributed electronically, they must expect that we are printing them legally (which every time I've done it, I was, and I expect this case is perfectly legal, too).
    I got IntraLASIK about 15 years ago. I was nearly blind before (but correctable to 20/20 with glasses or contacts), but it got to the point where I couldn't wear the contacts for more than 9 hours and my glasses were very heavy even with modern light-weight lens. I was corrected to 20/20 but about five years ago I went to 20/30. I wear glasses for distance but compared to my previous glasses they are featherweight so I don't mind. I don't need them for using the computer. A couple of years ago I started needing readers for smaller print or when my eyes were tired.

I'll try printing something at Office Depot and see if I have the same luck as you.