Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Model 4 128K badges.

I'm down for one

Finding out what I'll have to get made to get the badges done up is my next project after I get the orders for the 128K upgrades caught up.

I know the minimum cost up to a certain weight, for no tracking. no insurance Small Packet USA - Air is going to be $8.61 USD.

What would be a reasonable price for the badge. If it's too low, I'm not going to waste my time just to lose money. The upgrade kits don't require the badge to work.
    Legacy Computers and Parts

Sales of, parts for, and repairs to, Vintage and Legacy computers.

"What would be a reasonable price for the badge. If it's too low, I'm not going to waste my time just to lose money."

Cost price + profit.

Wow, $8.61 for what would be only a few ounces. That will deter many, given we can send to just about anywhere in the US for about $2.61 first class mail. Maybe one of us in the US can go in a run with you and just sell the badges at cost? With a RAM kit like you're doing its a better solution but lots just need the badge. Depends on how much to make them first, because I could see them selling for $10 or less with shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Wow, $8.61 for what would be only a few ounces. That will deter many, given we can send to just about anywhere in the US for about $2.61 first class mail. Maybe one of us in the US can go in a run with you and just sell the badges at cost? With a RAM kit like you're doing its a better solution but lots just need the badge. Depends on how much to make them first, because I could see them selling for $10 or less with shipping.
    Or, I could mail enough of the badges to one person (1 or 20 would be the same price) and they could distribute them with me paying for the cost of materials and stamps once the person received them out of a lower price that I collected from shipping.

$10 or less including shipping? No, between the dome and the carrier and the postage, there wouldn't be enough left to make it worth while.

I just wanted to buy some to go with the kits, not produce them. This is getting complicated and I may just produce the ones I need for kits.

The upgrade chip alone, I could, probably, just put in an envelope and mail if people want to contact me through my site.

Well, I would be interested in buying 20 of them. I know enough TRS80 heads that I could make my money back without worry.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2syd View Post
    Well, I would be interested in buying 20 of them. I know enough TRS80 heads that I could make my money back without worry.
    No, I'm dropping the whole 128K badge project. It's really not worth my time.

If someone else decides to pick it up, that's fine, I MAY buy some for my memory kits or, most likely, let them buy the badges themselves.

I'm tired of "if the price and shipping isn't too high". I don't own the post office, so, I have no control over what they want to overcharge. I can only do what I did with the Model 4 U72 chips and RAM upgrade kits, which is put them on here in the Marketplace.

That way, I can send them by letter post for a lot less than the parcel post on my site.

Default Info

Quote Originally Posted by Druid6900 View Post
    No, I'm dropping the whole 128K badge project. It's really not worth my time.

If someone else decides to pick it up, that's fine, I MAY buy some for my memory kits or, most likely, let them buy the badges themselves.

I'm tired of "if the price and shipping isn't too high". I don't own the post office, so, I have no control over what they want to overcharge. I can only do what I did with the Model 4 U72 chips and RAM upgrade kits, which is put them on here in the Marketplace.

That way, I can send them by letter post for a lot less than the parcel post on my site.
    Were you able to find a source to make the badge components? If so could you pass the information on to me? I could present this project at the Tandy Assembly to see if anything might be possible in making them

These custom badges would also be very cool to use for accessories. Imagine one with "FreHD" or "M3SE".

just toying with an idea here, could make a plaster mold of an original dome, cast it in clear resin and laser print whatever on foil labels/paper... or a clear lable applied to the silver/grey paper..
    ///
    TRS-80: Model 1 w/IE, Model 4 w/128K, PC4
    Atari 800 and 800XL