Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HxC floppy emulator

I haven't tried my HxC Rev F with a Model 4 but I do love the device. The only downside to it is that the screen has a very slow refresh rate and is difficult to read when the disk name scrolls across the screen. It gets blurry due to the slow refresh.

Heather

@Heather.

This is not normal behavior. I think you are missing some firmware updates.
    Go to the HxC site and check for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    I haven't tried it with a 4 line cable, but they did move DS3 to pin 6 I think from 32, and left 32 for side select on the 4P four drive modification. I doesnt do that, either you get Side or drive 3, not both.
    My understanding is that it uses the same pin on the ST32 for these functions so you
    don't get but one at a time.
    Dwight

From what I heard, the HxC firmware for Gotek now got some extra capabilities that's not supported by the current Lotharek SD-card models, in particular variable datarate. The Lotharek model C and F uses a controller that isn't fast enough to reliable emulate that.
    Last edited by per; August 13th, 2017 at 01:45 AM.
    Current systems owned by me:
    Vintage:IBM PC/XT submodel 087 ( 1983 ), [Kon]tiki-100 rev. C (1983), Compaq Portable I ( 1984 ), IBM PC/XT submodel 078 ( 1985 ), IBM PC/XT286 ( ~1986 ), 3x Nintendo Entertainement Systems ( 1987 ).
    Obsolete:Commodore A500 ( ~1990 ), IBM PS/2 model 70/386 type 8570-161 ( 1991 ), Atari Lynx II ( ~1992 ), Generic Intel 486SX PC ( ~1993 ), AT/T Globalyst Pentium w/FDIV bug MB ( 1994 ), Compaq 486DX4 laptop ( ~1995 ).

@Hans01

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Heather

I received my Rev F today. It works. I may order another one later or maybe a Gotek to compare.

The only issue I have is I don't have any option to select the image for the second drive from the front panel. It has the latest firmware so I've sent a support request to see if they have any ideas.

7. Default

Got mine in a 4P and it works great (pic enclosed)... http://www.cpucentral.co.uk/retro-computing/