Image Map Image Map

Thread: Damn you, MICROSOFT!

Default Damn you, MICROSOFT!

Rare Replay is a collection of RARE games including among others Conker's Bad Fur Day, Battletoads, and other classics. Since Microsoft owns the Rare studio now, it is only on Xbox One.

I think but am not sure that most of the other games I wanna get are PS4 exclusives. Such as Shenmue III should it ever release.

I know a PC is more suitable a machine... but anyone else annoyed by exclusives?
    GoFundMe Plz Share with your friends.

If Goldeneye winds up on one of these collections, I'll sell me and all my neighbors catalytic converters for an Xbox one.

Why no PC port Micro$oft?
    If you are feeling generous, I want a Laser XT more than anything.
    My website with tips, some downloads, and my computer collection.

Shenmue II was a USA exclusive on Xbox regular while the UK and Japan saw them on Dreamcast where they belonged. And Saint's Row one is still there even though the sequels got released nearly every where else. Even Dead Rising eventually got ported to other platforms from 360...

Two great games originated on Game Cube: Resident Evil "REmake" and Resident Evil 4.

Quote Originally Posted by markyb86 View Post
    Why no PC port Micro$oft?
    Because how else are they going to get people to buy an XBone
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Okay, following this up with the BIG N!

Nintendo's SNES Classic Mini. An almost complete lack of purpose. It runs only 20 games which is 10 less than the limited edition NES Classic Mini. I'd rather get my games on virtual console so I can play on Wii, Wii U, or 3DS. Sure the addition of save states and rewind are interesting. But the machines are not expandable to feature more games.

Good news is that Square's Final Fantasy III (a version of FF6 from Japan) is on it. And also big hitters like Super Mario RPG and Earthbound. Secret of Mana isn't bad. But... no ChronoTrigger? And I'm thinking that SoM was a 3 player game using the multitap. So chances are you'd be only able to play two player and let one character be controlled by computer.

The other games are not bad. But this is clearly a chance for Nintendo to redeem themselves a little by finally releasing Star Fox 2. Now, I have to assume Dragon Quest V & VI are on the Japanese version. If I wanted to I could probably more easily score USB versions of the NES and SNES somewhere else.

Don't mention ROMs, because I know those exist. Somehow I'd rather just play virtual console than try to configure my PC to run old school games.