Image Map Image Map
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: XT-IDE rev 4 Development

The holes in the PCB are sized for a press fit with the header strips provided. This is so they don't fall out when you turn the board over to solder it. Every now and then, a board gets a little more solder in the through-holes than it should have, and the headers can be a bit difficult to insert. I just rock them back and forth. The "snap" of them going in is the slightly deformed tip of the pin making its way through (they get deformed from the pin-cutting process, when the headers are manufactured).

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    The holes in the PCB are sized for a press fit with the header strips provided. This is so they don't fall out when you turn the board over to solder it. Every now and then, a board gets a little more solder in the through-holes than it should have, and the headers can be a bit difficult to insert. I just rock them back and forth. The "snap" of them going in is the slightly deformed tip of the pin making its way through (they get deformed from the pin-cutting process, when the headers are manufactured).
    Thanks, everything worked out fine in the end. In my case the "snap" in some cases really was the pins separating from the header. They stuck out longer than the others. I've attached a photo to my previous post. But no harm done, it all worked out okay. Thanks for creating the board!