Image Map Image Map
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: XT-IDE rev 4 Development

I managed to get the machine to run with Ms-Dos 5 but I have the same problem with Ms-Dos 3.3 ie if I try to make a primary or extended partition it tells me that it is not possible because a partition already exists, if I try to delete the partition tells me that there is no partition of the disk because ??
    I'm in big trouble maybe there's a problem with the setting?
    Please help me.

Blog Entries

Try running "FDISK /MBR" and then run FDISK again. You must delete all partitions that already exist before you can create a new one.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - Documentation and original distribution disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)
    - Any very old/ugly IBM joystick (such as the Franklin JS-123)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Try running "FDISK /MBR" and then run FDISK again. You must delete all partitions that already exist before you can create a new one.
    And you may have a hard time if the partitions are non-DOS or created by a version of DOS newer than the one you're using. Might run WIPEDISK against the drive first.

Perfect now everything works fine thank you !!

First I limited my hard drive to 4096 with a jumper, now 13GB became 2GB.

I was able to make the partition with FDISK and everything went ok, unfortunately I will not be able to install the original MS-DOS 3.30 floppies tell me if I'm not mistaken?

Now I installed Ms-Dos 4.01 and it's all ok !!!

I wanted to ask you one last thing ..., is it possible to disable the board menu with the choice of floppy or hard disk at startup?

I would like it to load C: directly.

You can install MS-DOS 3.30 but you'll be limited to 32 MB partitions. Usually not a problem on the sort of machine you want to run DOS 3.30 on anyway You'll have to run WIPEDISK on it as MS-DOS 3.30 can't delete later DOS's partitions (it shows them as non-DOS and won't delete them).

Yes, you can disable the configuration menu and just boot C: or have it do the typical try A: then C: -- you'll need to run the XT-IDE Universal BIOS configuration program and reprogram the board's EEPROM (it of course can do this in-board, so you don't need an EPROM programmer).

Yes, you can disable the configuration menu and just boot C: or have it do the typical try A: then C: -- you'll need to run the XT-IDE Universal BIOS configuration program and reprogram the board's EEPROM (it of course can do this in-board, so you don't need an EPROM programmer).[/QUOTE]

Thanks Glitch for the answer but I do not understand this passage ..., how do I get into the card's universal bios?

Use the configuration tool that comes with whichever version of the BIOS you're using. It's something you have to run from DOS, the configuration part is not part of the XT-IDE Universal BIOS that you see when the machine boots.

Excuse me, I did not understand, maybe because I use the google translator !!

Can the Glitch menu be removed from DOS?