Image Map Image Map
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: PS2 Model 25-004 Questions

umm, im quite certain you can put a full length card in the bottom isa slot. if not full length, then damn near.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

I was actually thinking of putting an Adlib card in there if I can ever afford one
    Current Vintage Equipment:
    IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Thinkpad 385ED, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.
    Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B", VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.
    Looking for: Inexpensive 286 Laptop, 386 Laptop, 486 Desktop, C64.

I opted for an ATI stereo F/X in mine. But i like your idea!
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    I am certain that anyone with the technical skills to try and able find the correct oscillator also has the math skills to multiply frequency by 125% to order the proper replacement oscillator.
    Just note if you do this, the clock itself, will tick faster, so don't rely on the computers time anymore. I was actually working on a different kind of overclock, but I haven't even begun to start working on it yet. But I gotta be honest, it's not much of an improvement so I don't see the need to do it.
    IBM PS/2 Model 25, NEC V30 8MHz, 640KB RAM, ATI VGA Wonder XL, 2GB SSD, Ethernet, DR DOS 6/GeOS, Xircom PE3 Ethernet

Quote Originally Posted by luckybob View Post
    umm, im quite certain you can put a full length card in the bottom isa slot. if not full length, then damn near.
    Yes, it can accommodate a full length card. It even has a plastic clip to support the weight.
    IBM PS/2 Model 25, NEC V30 8MHz, 640KB RAM, ATI VGA Wonder XL, 2GB SSD, Ethernet, DR DOS 6/GeOS, Xircom PE3 Ethernet

Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    I am certain that anyone with the technical skills to try and able find the correct oscillator also has the math skills to multiply frequency by 125% to order the proper replacement oscillator.
    Nah, that went over my head. lol