Image Map Image Map
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: OEMs & clones on eBay (continues listings)

Quote Originally Posted by roberttx View Post
    You're not kidding! https://www.ebay.com/itm/263497295650?ul_noapp=true

That would explain why people keep trying to buy my two DisplayWriter keyboards, despite my having made it clear that I have two too few.
    You know what they say; money talks...
    Daniel P. Cayea - The Lyon Mountain Company - Plattsburgh, New York 12901
    Vintage Equipment: IBM 5150 * IBM 5161
    Modern Equipment: ThinkPad T61 XP Pro * ASUS X75A 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lyonadmiral View Post
    You know what they say; money talks...
    And generally, I have no problem with that. I've said before that even non-hobbyist, commercial, only in it for the money sellers do the hobby a service, by keeping parts and systems on the market and out of landfill.

But the keyboard thing seems to be an exception to that rule. In a perfect world, I'd assemble four complete DW systems, sell three of them and have UCSD PASCAL on the one that I kept. That seems unlikely to happen, unless I stumble upon a couple of keyboards, somewhere.

Blog Entries

Robert, have you considered throwing together a keyboard adapter to run your DW with a standard PS/2 or USB keyboard?

Chuck, I haven't put any real amount of time into it but I did give it a bit of thought and was leaning towards a Model F. The regular one, not the DW one.

Quote Originally Posted by roberttx View Post
    Chuck, I haven't put any real amount of time into it but I did give it a bit of thought and was leaning towards a Model F. The regular one, not the DW one.
    I've got one if you're interested in it.

I've also got a Beltron keyboard.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.