Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To all our members in TX and FL!

Exclamation To all our members in TX and FL!

Hi all, 1st off the last 2 plus weeks have not been good to our friends and neighbors in the Houston area of Texas. As we have all seen in the news. My prayers and hopes are with you all. Ok now to out neighbors in Texas another storm might be approaching Hurricane Katia! Keep an eye out on this one who Knows where it will go! But IMO a High pressure may push it away. I hope it does!!!

Ok now to FL. As Hurricane Irma approaches we are dealing with the most powerful Atlantic Hurricane in history. Granted it
    will weaken but not by much. It's current track takes it into Miami - South Florida area. Home of nearly 6 million people!
    I personally am hoping that it moves out into the Atlantic and away from the US east coast altogether but that is just wishful
    thinking. As anyone knows who has been through 1 of these knows they do wobble around and High pressure systems will
    push them towards a land area or away from. I will be impacted by this storm most likely and think all will be good. But who knows! And what I have seen even Georgia will be hit too!! And we have Hurricane Jose following behind Irma as we speak. Hopefully it will fizzle out!

All my friends in these states and anywhere were one of these things will hit my prayers are with you. So stay safe and be careful

My thoughts to all in the affected areas. And I will be honest I am a nervous wreck.
    *FrankG*
    Just a few old dust collectors that work! Sort of! Or when they decide to!
    TRS-80 Model 4 , Model III, Pentium 233 "Tweener"

Frank, I sure hope you have a decent place to hide. From what I gather Irma could easily pass within ~50 miles of your location. It will have degraded somewhat by then so your area will not be subjected to its full fury but in plain terms... it ain't gonna be nice.

All in all it's the southern tip of Florida that really is in the most danger. Looks like homestead is gonna get it, again. And the gators in the glades, too. But anywhere from West Palm Beach on south is in the real danger zone.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Hey Dave, Thanks for your concern. Yeah South FL. is going to get hit hard and that is where PeterLI lives in Pembroke pines area west of Ft Lauderdale. I used to live in that area!

But that 2004 season nearly drove me crazy a hurricane almost every 2 weeks! 3 of them passed over my area.

If it stays on the current path they are expecting winds near 95-100 Mph. My concern is I have a 31 year old roof. But this goofball thing could still move off the coast. Which I hope for!
    *FrankG*

Hebron, Boone Township, Porter County, Indiana, USA

Let's hope that my wheel hubs and bearings make it out of FL before the hurricane hits.

Best of luck, Frank, Peter and everybody else down there. Here's hoping it veers off to somewhere unpopulated, like the sea!

Bizarrely, we had people back in England asking if we were OK. I had to explain to them that Texas is a big place and we're over 600 miles from Houston.

See, see, if you hadn't have sold off all that stuff lately, you could have hidden under it and been safe!

Frank, my friend, hunker down, hang on tight and run like hell if they say to.

Be safe.
    Legacy Computers and Parts

Sales of, parts for, and repairs to, Vintage and Legacy computers.

Thanks for the concerns everyone! It is appreciated. I will be safe I promise or at least try to.

Ok checked Katia is heading into Mexico so no big worries for Texas. And Jose is going to head north of the islands. So hopefully Jose won't slam us too! But there is still a possibility Irma may veer east off the coast. I hope so. I pray!
    *FrankG*

KSC and Cape Canaveral AFS have pretty much shut down - the Air Force released all non-essential personnel at 3pm - we finally got direction to shut down our equipment and cover it in plastic and were released to get home and prepare - I have most of my shutters up and will finish tonight - we will most likely have mandatory evacuation sometime tomorrow-will go to my oldest daughters house on the east side of Orlando and hope it far enough inland-rode out Matthew there but this is a much bigger storm.
    Who let out the magic smoke!!!!!!!!!!!

Orlando is not a very good choice. Stop there, collect all the family members and take them all to Pensacola. This storm is possibly going to carve a trench up the spine of the state.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

I am in the Orlando area, and plan to be on the radios and working with our EOC, as things happen. It is certainly getting scary now as the storm has wobbled west again.
    IBM PS/2 Model 25, NEC V30 8MHz, 640KB RAM, ATI VGA Wonder XL, 2GB SSD, Ethernet, DR DOS 6/GeOS, Xircom PE3 Ethernet