Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To all our members in TX and FL!

Only lost power briefly Monday AM whilst they were re-connecting other parts of my community. Many trees / bushes down in my area. Lots of people with significant roof / car damage. My damage: one roof tile came loose / water seeping through concrete slab ruined carpet in one room / seven fence posts down (were weakened by termites: repurposed to rebalance tree at a @ neighbor) / nine fence segments down (can be reused) / two huge awnings will not be put back (too dangerous to put back / huge hurricane damage risk) / outside AC unit probably died (close to 20 years old) / two rose bushes done for / pool was a mess (cleaned it up already) / lots of palm fronds did not make it. Pretty high FEMA flood insurance and HOI hurricane deductibles so will pay out of pocket for repairs.

Glad you made it through ok! Most important thing And that goes to all who endured this event!
    *FrankG*
    Just a few old dust collectors that work! Sort of! Or when they decide to!
    TRS-80 Model 4 , Model III, Pentium 233 "Tweener"

Indeed! Praise the Lord!

On a positive note I managed to get the Olive Garden Pasta Pass today! Unlimited pasta / salad / soup / bread for eight weeks!

Well darn
    *FrankG*

Quote Originally Posted by flashedbios2012 View Post
    Catastrophic destruction aside, this much be great weather for hang gliding / wearing a flying suit. Imagine how high you could get!
    Contact me when you can
    *FrankG*

Cool

Lots of work done this week:
    City bulk pick up: two huge awnings / broken desk chair / new desk chair box: gone. Did not take mold carpet.
    Pool: cleaned it out: deep green smelly water: cleared up with bleach. Pool guy did his regular service.
    Yard: one huge bag of twigs and leaves. Rear neighbor had a crew come over to do a big clean up. My lawn guy did a regular service yesterday.
    County landfill: dropped of carpet / sub carpet / leaves yesterday: $10: 15 minute drive on the same main road I live off.
    AC: fixed wrong the first time. Free full repair second time. Hurricane wrecked outside unit fan motor.
    Fence: hired a Hialeah crew today: old posts & concrete are gone. New posts & concrete are in. Will put old segments in tomorrow.

HOA is a PITA (permit required: wait for ARB meeting & approval). Then city permit. No thanks. Contractors play along with this and have lots of requirements and fees (total scam).

Waiting for yard waste bulk pickup this week in community. This weekend our area's public areas were mostly cleaned up.

Ok peeps look out for Maria! So far it looks like it will stay off the coast of FLA but just need to watch it. These things as we know are unpredictable. All's that Bermuda high needs to shift west some and we are in trouble.
    *FrankG*

An for god's sake people buy flood insurance if you live in a Hurricane zone! it is not part of your normal home insurance policy. And don't wait. You can't buy it within 30 days of an approaching storm. A lot of flooded homes around my area don't have it. I do and am glad.
    *FrankG*