Image Map Image Map

Thread: SD cassette adapter thingie (which actually works)

Default SD cassette adapter thingie (which actually works)

Ok, so I got this Sharp MZ-800 with no software and apart from being a bit dirty it looked alright and powered up.
    So far so good, but its a pretty boring machine if I cant load anything...and Sharp software isn't as easily had as for example a C64 tape.

At that moment I thought "there must be some sort of digital tape" and after some searching I found it.
    It takes a standard SD card and works with MP3 files (and looks just like a regular tape).
    So ordered it, and I was really not sure if it would work but it was cheap so

It got in today, found some wave files online of some MZ80K software, converted it to MP3 (256k / 33100 bit rate) and and and....it loaded
    Ha! So just loaded both an BASIC Interpreter and also some game. Had some trouble loading BASIC software from within the BASIC interpreter but that might just be the BASIC version.

So yeah, just thought I'd share this
    My collection of brochures : http://classic.technology

Quote Originally Posted by SunDown79 View Post
    So yeah, just thought I'd share this
    How about sharing a make/model no., eBay number etc.? Or did I miss it somewhere?

probably something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Player-Casset.../dp/B00CK5L494

-ken

Yup, precisely that
    My collection of brochures : http://classic.technology

Very nice. Does the MZ-800 have a cassette in/out jack on the back as well? If so you can probably play your MP3-ized software into the computer from the player of your choice (phone, other computer, etc).

Blog Entries

That thing will probably also play the WAV directly, so you maybe able to just skip the compression step. Worth a try I think.

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Ooh A500HD+8 Hard drive /RAM system for the A500+. I had one of those beauties. Wish I still did...
    Nice collection!!