Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Searching for the Model 12 / 16B service manual

Default Searching for the Model 12 / 16B service manual

Who has a copy or know where to find the Model 12 / 16B technical manual with the schematics of these computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans01 View Post
    Who has a copy or know where to find the Model 12 / 16B technical manual with the schematics of these computers.
    Hans, do you need something specific that isn't addressed by the 6000's service manual that we already have? I know the 16B's service manual would have the 6MHz 68000 board's schematic, which we don't otherwise have, but the Z80 board didn't change much between the 12, 16B, and 6000.

Having said that, I would love to see the 12 SM and the 16B SM, much like I would love to see the Model 4 non-gate-array/gate-array combo SM scanned and archived. This way you do have relatively complete documentation on what is really out there.
    --
    Bughlt: Sckmud
    Shut her down Scotty, she's sucking mud again!

Quote Originally Posted by lowen View Post
    Hans, do you need something specific that isn't addressed by the 6000's service manual that we already have? I know the 16B's service manual would have the 6MHz 68000 board's schematic, which we don't otherwise have, but the Z80 board didn't change much between the 12, 16B, and 6000.

Having said that, I would love to see the 12 SM and the 16B SM, much like I would love to see the Model 4 non-gate-array/gate-array combo SM scanned and archived. This way you do have relatively complete documentation on what is really out there.
    I'd like to see the Model 4 service manual, too. All I've ever found is the 4P service manual.

@Iowen, Alphasite

Yes the motherboard of my Model 12 could not boot anymore and was dead.
    The motherboard is totally different from all other Big Tandys. It has the Floppy controller, two memory banks, Serial and parallel output
    integrated on the motherboard. The schematic of these parts differs a lot from the stand alone interface boards.
    It took me a lot of time to find the problem and repair the motherboard, so a schematic would be very helpful if it happens a second time.

I have the Model 4/4p Technical reference manual, you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yooje6cxzw...df%29.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by Hans01; September 9th, 2017 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Add a link.

@Iowen, Alphasite
    The motherboard is totally different from all other Big Tandys. It has the Floppy controller, two memory banks, Serial and parallel output
    integrated on the motherboard.
    The 12, 16B and 6000 motherboard are pretty much identical. I did find the Model 12 Service Manual awhile ago. However, I haven't scanned it yet because for all intents and purposes the contents are identical to what you will find in the 6000 service manual.

@Iowen, Alphasite

Yes the motherboard of my Model 12 could not boot anymore and was dead.
    integrated on the motherboard. The schematic of these parts differs a lot from the stand alone interface boards.
    It took me a lot of time to find the problem and repair the motherboard, so a schematic would be very helpful if it happens a second time.

I have the Model 4/4p Technical reference manual, you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yooje6cxzw...df%29.zip?dl=0
    I already have the Technical Reference Manual. The Service Manual (if it's like the 4P Service Manual) has more details on troubleshooting and repair.

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    The 12, 16B and 6000 motherboard are pretty much identical. I did find the Model 12 Service Manual awhile ago. However, I haven't scanned it yet because for all intents and purposes the contents are identical to what you will find in the 6000 service manual.
    Pete, Thank you for the information. It could have been a great help to repair my Model 12.
    I hope you find some time to scan the Model 12 service manual

Pete, Thank you for the information. It could have been a great help to repair my Model 12.
    I hope you find some time to scan the Model 12 service manual
    I will scan it if we really deem it necessary, but I compared the contents thouroughly to the 6000 manual and could find no differences. I might revisit this to be sure though.

Bonjour,
    I am also interested in this manual M12 and all manuals M12 (MODEL 12 OWNER'S MANUAL )
    MODEL 12 OWNER'S MANUAL seems to indicate how to connect an HD
    I am waiting for an Ian card to test FredHD on M2 and others M12/16
    I change the FredHD BUS to connect to an M2 / 12/16
    Will the result be satisfactory?
    A+
    Pascal

Je suis aussi interressé par ce manuel M12 et tous les manuel M12
    MODEL 12 OWNER'S MANUAL semble indiquer comment brancher un HD
    J'attends une carte de Ian pour faire des essais de FredHD sur M2 et autres
    Je modifie le BUS FredHD pour se connecter sur un M2/12/16
    Le résultat sera satisfaisant?

Quote Originally Posted by P.H View Post
    Bonjour,
    I am also interested in this manual M12 and all manuals M12 (MODEL 12 OWNER'S MANUAL )
    MODEL 12 OWNER'S MANUAL seems to indicate how to connect an HD
    We have the Model 12 Owners Manual in the model2archive. It has a very short section on using hard drives but only about transferring files. I have the 15 MB Hard Drive Owner's Manual which is probably what you want and most appropriate for the Model 12 which I have not scanned yet. I'll try to get to it soon.