Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Searching for the Model 12 / 16B service manual

I can confirm they are exactly the same controllers, sans some extra mods you will find in later models (the HD Bulletins are implemented)

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    That's a shame that the schematics are missing from the 12 MB Service Manual. ...
    Especially since this SM does indeed contain the type 2 hard disk interface board information. There appears to be a couple of revisions of this manual, too, one of which should be labeled '12/15 meg hard disk service manual' for cat#'s 26-4152/3/5/6. This is the service manual we need the most at this time for the Model II series. The board layouts are there, however, along with the component layouts and the full parts list, so it's not a lost cause, as the schematics could be reverse-engineered from those. The 15-Meg version should have the schematics of the smaller WD1010 controller board.
    Last edited by lowen; September 12th, 2017 at 07:56 AM.
    --
    Bughlt: Sckmud
    Shut her down Scotty, she's sucking mud again!

Bonsoir,
    It is especially the schema of the interface card type II missing. I know the 12M card is identical to the 5M card.
    But the 5M was designed to be connected directly on a M1/3/4 and 12M on a M2/12/16 with a type 2 interface card

A+
    Pascal

C'est surtout le schéma de la carte interface type II qui manque. Je sais que la carte 12M est identique à la carte 5M.
    Mais le 5M était prévu pour être connectée directement sur un M1/3/4 et le 12M sur un M2/12/16 avec une carte interface type 2

Quote Originally Posted by P.H View Post
    Bonsoir,
    It is especially the schema of the interface card type II missing. I know the 12M card is identical to the 5M card.
    But the 5M was designed to be connected directly on a M1/3/4 and 12M on a M2/12/16 with a type 2 interface card

A+
    Pascal

C'est surtout le schéma de la carte interface type II qui manque. Je sais que la carte 12M est identique à la carte 5M.
    Mais le 5M était prévu pour être connectée directement sur un M1/3/4 et le 12M sur un M2/12/16 avec une carte interface type 2
    Marketed for the Model II/12/16 not designed. They used the same box with a different badge and drive inside it. The only differences in the box itself is the manual and OS that came with it. The jumpers inside too. You probably need to get a 15 Meg drive and a Type 2 to properly replicate this to work with a FreHD. Signals may be different based on those jumpers inside the drive, but forget what they are for, they are mentioned in the manual above.

They just changed the badge when the 12 came out, and offered the card and manual and OS for the big tandy boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by pski
    Pascal, sorry but I had to delete your last post as it came across as much too rude. We need to be careful when throwing this kind of criticism when it seems there is quite a gap due to the language translation.
    Since you withdraw my publication, which is not rude but realistic!
    I take it kindly to withdraw me completely from the Forum
    I will never return to this forum.
    I can not stand plunder, lie and hypocrisy
    cordially
    Pascal HOLDRY

Puisque tu retires ma publication, qui n'est pas grossière mais réaliste!!!
    Je te pris de bien vouloir me retirer totalement du Forum
    Je ne retournerai jamais sur ce forum.
    je ne supporte pas le pillage, le mensonge et l'hypocrisie
    Cordialement
    Pascal HOLDRY

I have just received the interface schema and I leave you in your ignorance
    This Forum brings me nothing, I am still waiting for the promises of Corfiot and others. For Tibs, he has to go on an Electronic Forum before speaking
    Cordialement
    Pascal HOLDRY

Je viens de recevoir les schémas de l'interface et je vous laisse dans votre ignorance
    Ce Forum ne m'apporte rien, j'attends toujours les promesses de Corfiot et autres. Pour Tibs, il lui faut aller sur un Forum d'électronique avant de parler

I am sorry you feel this way, Pascal. In my time as a moderator on this forum, I've only had to moderate a handful of posts. We can disagree with each other without being insulting. Or you can just choose to ignore those members you don't agree with. Everyone on this forum is a human being and deserves basic respect and dignity.

I guess he’s mad at me? I am trying to help him see how cheap and tricky Tandy was and I guess the language barrier is really getting in the way.

He seemed to be waiting for something that he already had from where I am sitting and thinking it was different could steer him wrong.

And in addition Pete insists !!!!!!

Excuse me but for hypocrisy. I do not know how to do

If a person at a below average level of culture, I do not make him believe the opposite. For it will never progress

Goodbye I have already asked you to withdraw my account.

Et en plus Pete insiste!!!!!!

Excusez-moi, mais chez moi l'hypocrisie, je ne connais pas

Si une personne à un niveau de culture en dessous de la moyenne, je ne lui fait pas croire le contraire. Car il ne progressera jamais

Au revoir je vous ai déjà demandé de retirer mon compte

wow that escalated quickly lol