Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dual Booting with a drive overlay?

Quote Originally Posted by ScanDisk View Post
    Well that's the problem right there,

If I don't use the drive overlay, there are copy errors when installing any OS whether DOS or Windows 95.

The only way to get a working install for me without a DDO is to turn the "Support > 504" to off, but then It'd will only see 504MB.
    I didn't say don't use the DDO.

I said to do it 'the same way' you would do it without using a DDO.

Boot from the DDO software and then install OS #1, OS #2, etc.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I didn't say don't use the DDO.

I said to do it 'the same way' you would do it without using a DDO.

Boot from the DDO software and then install OS #1, OS #2, etc.
    Al right, I will try that. Yeah it does say to click control to boot from floppy.

What software are you using to multi-boot?
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    What software are you using to multi-boot?
    no software EZ-BIOS just says to hold down CTRL to boot from floppy for a few seconds, before it it loads DOS.

I did that, made a new partition, formatted it. Windows 95 setup doesn't give me copy errors anymore, but it says my computer already has a version of windows that cannot be update by setup.

I don't want to update 3.1, I want to install Windows 95 on partition D:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScanDisk View Post
    Al right, I will try that. Yeah it does say to click control to boot from floppy.
    You put your boot disk in them and boot off the media. Having a boot disk in before the DDO gives you that prompt will wipe the DDO software from the MBR.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

Quote Originally Posted by Caluser2000 View Post
    Having a boot disk in before the DDO gives you that prompt will wipe the DDO software from the MBR.
    Hardly...

It doesn't do anything to the MBR. It just fails to load the DDO. The next time you boot from the HD the DDO will still control the HD.