Image Map Image Map

Thread: Apple IIc Plus - which drives work with it

Default Apple IIc Plus - which drives work with it

I scored a IIc Plus this week, but it came with no software, so to at least test it, I need a 5,25" drive to use software from my IIc. I'm not (yet) that knowledgeable about the Apple II stuff, so I'm wodnering can I get any 5,25" drive (A2M4050, A9M0104, A9M0107...), or are there specific ones that can be paired with IIc Plus?

Pretty much any of the DB19 Apple 5.25 drives work with the IIc plus. Even the external drive for the //c. A Disk ][ would probably work fine with an adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by alh84001 View Post
    I scored a IIc Plus this week, but it came with no software, so to at least test it, I need a 5,25" drive to use software from my IIc.
    ...or you could transfer some 800k disks to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by alh84001 View Post
    I'm not (yet) that knowledgeable about the Apple II stuff, so I'm wodnering can I get any 5,25" drive (A2M4050, A9M0104, A9M0107...), or are there specific ones that can be paired with IIc Plus?
    This is a nice reference to Apple drives:
    http://www.vintagemacworld.com/drives.html
    Last edited by david__schmidt; September 15th, 2017 at 05:46 AM.

Congrats on bagging a IIc Plus. It's a neat little machine.

Protip: If, like me, you'd rather not hold ESC on boot every time you want the machine to start up @ 1Mhz, see if Quinn Dunki has any of her updated ROMs left for sale. I installed one in my IIc Plus and it's really a refreshing change. Refer to this article for info...
    http://quinndunki.com/blondihacks/?p=2546
    WANTED: 8-bit Pro Audio Spectrum (not PAS-16), Covox Sound Master, IBM 3D Sound PCMCIA
    Please contact me if you have any of these for sale!! Thanks.

5. Default

Thanks for all the tips guys. First thing after getting the drive will probably be getting the headphone jack adapter. Why in the world did Apple remove it in the first place?