Image Map Image Map

Thread: Hyundai Super-286E : how to enter BIOS?

Default Hyundai Super-286E : how to enter BIOS?

Hiya!

I repaired a friend's Hyundai Super-286E pc but upon boot it complains about drives mismatch and that I should enter SETUP. How on earth do you enter the BIOS settings on this on? I also need to configure a replacement HDD and it won't be possible otherwise... any ideas/help?

Thanks in advance!

Does it boot from a floppy?

If it does you can run GSETUP or SETUPNU or something like that.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

I'll will test if it boots from floppy... no idea if gsetup will work , setupnu is for phoenix bios so I won't even bother (machine bios is award). Ideally I want to enter the real BIOS setup

Quote Originally Posted by keropi View Post
    ... setupnu is for phoenix bios so I won't even bother (machine bios is award)...
    Not to my knowledge, it isn't. I just ran it on my tweener with an AMI BIOS and it worked fine.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Have you tried, CTL-ALT-ESC at start-up

Have you tried holding a key pressed at power-on? Sometimes it complains about "keyboard error" and tells you how to enter the BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Malc View Post
    Have you tried, CTL-ALT-ESC at start-up
    Yes that's it! And it needs to be pressed alt+ctrl+esc else it does not work for me...

Thanks everyone for your help, appreciated!