Image Map Image Map

Thread: Alienware owners?

Default Alienware owners?

I'm just wondering if there are any fellow Alienware owners here on the VCF?
    Daniel P. Cayea - The Lyon Mountain Company - Plattsburgh, New York 12901
    Vintage Equipment: IBM 5150 * IBM 5161
    Modern Equipment: ThinkPad T61 XP Pro * ASUS X75A 10 Pro

I have an M11xR2 Alienware laptop, it's been a good little machine. Only problem is that you loose the special features (RGB keyboard, facial recognition) on Windows 10, the software isn't compatible.

Nope. I exclusively use Lenovo ThinkPad W** series for contemporary computing.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterLI View Post
    Nope. I exclusively use Lenovo ThinkPad W** series for contemporary computing.
    Pete,
    Although Lenovo has made some advancements I think they've diluted the brand they purchased from IBM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoJoPo View Post
    I have an M11xR2 Alienware laptop, it's been a good little machine. Only problem is that you loose the special features (RGB keyboard, facial recognition) on Windows 10, the software isn't compatible.
    AlienFX doesn't work? When you say facial recognition do you refer to the Tobii Eye Movement or Windows Hello?
    Daniel P. Cayea - The Lyon Mountain Company - Plattsburgh, New York 12901
    Vintage Equipment: IBM 5150 * IBM 5161
    Modern Equipment: ThinkPad T61 XP Pro * ASUS X75A 10 Pro

Yep. But my W500 W510 W520 are still going strong. Got a new work Dell notebook today: no (mini) DP. Bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by lyonadmiral View Post
    AlienFX doesn't work? When you say facial recognition do you refer to the Tobii Eye Movement or Windows Hello?
    AlienFX that supports the M11xR2 won't install on Windows 10, and newer versions don't work (won't control color on it.) The facial recognition is like Windows Hello to login, but it was a specific add-on software that came with the M11x, not a Microsoft program.