Image Map Image Map

Thread: WTB: Large Quantity 6116 SRAMs

Default WTB: Large Quantity 6116 SRAMs

Before I spin the wheel on China relabels, does anyone have a bunch of 6116 type 2K x 8 static RAM ICs they want to sell? I have a few RAM boards that came to me with all of the SRAMs pulled, looking to try and repopulate them and get them going. Looking for 32 or more, don't care if they're used or pulls or whatever.

Unicorn Electronics seems to have stock: http://www.unicornelectronics.com/IC/STATIC.html

g.
    Proud owner of 80-0007
    http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

Grabbed a small heap from another hobbyist! Jameco has them as well, for a similar price. For reference, they're 10 for $8 shipped out of China, but who knows what they are.

Blog Entries

If you still need some, I've got about 16 that I bought new about 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    If you still need some, I've got about 16 that I bought new about 30 years ago.
    I'll let you know -- hopefully between the ones I've picked up and the ones I've got on hand, I won't need more. But who knows, the stuff on hand is untested, and I do have a number of cards to go through.

6. Default

I bought some (300) memory chips from China, once. I had gotten a pile of Compupro board from a Scrapper who had already removed a bunch of the chips. and I needed to replace some 6164-10 memory chips had been removed.

Never going to try that with Chinese Parts again...

Took me two weeks to test the memory boards and identify the 42 defective memory chips, then two weeks to get the Chinese Supplier to send replacements, and another week to sort out the bad chips in the replacements.

I'd like to think it wouldn't take me nearly that long to identify the bad ones Not a promising ratio though. My Chinese relabel Motorola 6821s have been much better, 100% functional so far. They of course all get tested.