• HI

0 0%
  • Anywhere in the US: I will attend

4 18.18%
  • Doesn't matter where it is: I can't attend

6 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where should the next Tandy Assembly be held? Your thoughts..

I would second the Atlanta area, the birthplace of the Greene Machine BBS. Maybe we could get Bob Payne to show some of his stash of Model II-series gear..... and maybe even sell some at reasonable prices.

While I could say 'you could always do it where I work, and we could easily handle 100 attendees who would not be disappointed in the scenery, I also know that is not really realistic due to the location being somewhat out-of-the-way (there is an airport about 35 miles away, by road).

But 'near a willing organizer' is actually by far the best idea, as a willing and capable organizer is required. And whether that is near enough to me where I could attend isn't a consideration; it needs to be near a willing organizer.
    --
    Bughlt: Sckmud
    Shut her down Scotty, she's sucking mud again!

Quote Originally Posted by lowen View Post
    and maybe even sell some at reasonable prices.
    Lol? I've offered him what I consider to be far greater than reasonable and he has always declined...

Quote Originally Posted by lowen View Post
    I would second the Atlanta area... ...it needs to be near a willing organizer.
    There is already VCF-SE in late April (tentatively 28/29 in 201. I suppose a second event can be added.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by eeguru View Post
    Lol? I've offered him what I consider to be far greater than reasonable and he has always declined...

There is already VCF-SE in late April (tentatively 28/29 in 201. I suppose a second event can be added.
    ATL has my vote as well, but that's simply because I live there...

+1 atl
    8-Bit Family: Epson QX-10 w/ ComFiler 10MB HD | Kaypro 2X | TRS 80 Model I | TRS 80 CoCo 1,2 & 3 | TRS 80 M4 & 4D

Ian - I'm disappointed you didn't put Aus as an option Even it would never fly, it's the principle . . .

I thought HI would get more traction because it's roughly equidistant for Australians and North Americans. Also I've never been there...
    *There is never a charge for Tech Support even if you don't purchase from me - We are Enthusiasts Helping Other Enthusiast and that is just the way it is

Blog Entries

Yes at first I was a bit surprised that there was no "Some other country" option on the list, but then I realised that, well, anyone is free to organise their own event anywhere, and call it what they like. But that takes a lot of effort.
    Personally I would be delighted to hear about the occasional vintage computer event in Oz, I'm sure there have been some.

Quote Originally Posted by TRS-Ian View Post
    I thought HI would get more traction because it's roughly equidistant for Australians and North Americans. Also I've never been there...
    But, how would I get my 8" XENIX machines there?

Quote Originally Posted by pski View Post
    But, how would I get my 8" XENIX machines there?
    FedEX ?

I'd be happy to host a US visitor and their HW (we have a big house in the outer east of Melbourne with guest room).
    My Retro Collection:
    CBM: C64, Amiga 500 x2, 600 & 1200
    Mac's: SE, LC630 & Beige G3
    PC's: K6-III+ 500 System + Roland MT-32 & Tandy 1000 EX 640kb, 3.5" FDD, CF-IDE 4GB HDD
    FS: Brand New Tandy 1000 Adapters

10. Default

For authenticity I suppose Dallas/Ft. Worth would be the place. Not sure that makes much difference anymore, though.

Realistically, wherever you can most likely attract the high caliber of keynote speakers that the inaugural TA had. They made the event very unique and memorable.