Image Map Image Map

Thread: Lo-tech PCBs Now Available via TexElec

Default Lo-tech PCBs Now Available via TexElec

Lo-tech products are now available via Texelec at https://texelec.com/ In a big change this means that these boards are now available complete and assembled, ready to go!

The Lo-tech site will be changing to focus on reference materials over the next few weeks, the wiki and associated materials continuing to be published at lo-tech.co.uk.

Please support Kevin, I can vouch for the quality of his work and this is a great opportunity to consolidate the availability of lots of these retro projects and so make more design time available for new stuff.

Tried to place an order today, the website keeps telling me there are no shipping methods available. I'm in Oregon, USA.

Also some PHP errors when it goes to display the shopping cart.

Other than that, nice looking website. Nice to see the boards available!

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by pearce_jj View Post
    Lo-tech products are now available via Texelec at https://texelec.com/ In a big change this means that these boards are now available complete and assembled, ready to go!

The Lo-tech site will be changing to focus on reference materials over the next few weeks, the wiki and associated materials continuing to be published at lo-tech.co.uk.

Please support Kevin, I can vouch for the quality of his work and this is a great opportunity to consolidate the availability of lots of these retro projects and so make more design time available for new stuff.
    Are you going to keep selling blank PCB's direct? Some of us prefer to build our own gear as we can make a few extra units to sell and basically cover the cost of our own builds + it's more satisfying to build your own kit.
    My Retro Collection:
    CBM: C64, Amiga 500 x2, 600 & 1200
    Mac's: SE, LC630 & Beige G3
    PC's: K6-III+ 500 System & Tandy 1000 EX 640kb, 3.5" FDD, CF-IDE 4GB HDD
    Synth: Roland MT-32

Most of the boards have assembled and unassembled versions.

What finish is being used on the edge connectors? The photos suggest ENIG (Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold), but this language from the FAQ implies that the current products are using HASL (Hot Air Surface Leveling, copper covered by a layer of solder) : "We do plan to offer ENIG boards on our next production run."

Hard gold is the professional standard finish for edge connectors, ENIG is less durable and HASL is even less durable. If you buy these boards and they use HASL, consider it as a permanent upgrade. Don't remove these cards from the ISA slot unless absolutely necessary, or the solder over the copper will scrape off and the underlying copper will oxidize. Some people may find ENIG acceptable for internal upgrade options that are not intended to be interchanged often like a video game cartridge.
    My Retro Computing and Vintage Gaming Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/