Image Map Image Map

Thread: Does anybody have the BIOS file/restore image/etc. for a Compaq Armada 7730MT?

Default Does anybody have the BIOS file/restore image/etc. for a Compaq Armada 7730MT?

Hey guys! First post here.

I recently bought a Compaq Armada 7730MT that needed Windows 98 reinstalled. Not knowing that the BIOS was stored on the HDD, I formatted it like you would with any Windows 98 installation. The weird thing is that it worked for multiple reboots after formatting multiple times, but then the BIOS just disappeared...

So is there any chance that someone would know how to fix this thing? It's just a heavy paperweight without a BIOS. If anybody has the BIOS file, or something like a restore image, etc., let me know. I'd really appreciate it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by retr0smirk View Post
    Hey guys! First post here.

I recently bought a Compaq Armada 7730MT that needed Windows 98 reinstalled. Not knowing that the BIOS was stored on the HDD, I formatted it like you would with any Windows 98 installation. The weird thing is that it worked for multiple reboots after formatting multiple times, but then the BIOS just disappeared...

So is there any chance that someone would know how to fix this thing? It's just a heavy paperweight without a BIOS. If anybody has the BIOS file, or something like a restore image, etc., let me know. I'd really appreciate it.
    The following is an old link but may set you on the right track: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...SO/m-p/5049503

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    The following is an old link but may set you on the right track: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...SO/m-p/5049503
    Very well! I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything like this. Thank you!