Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBM PC Server 520

Default IBM PC Server 520

I have a complete PC Server 520 that I need to get out of my way. It is fully loaded with IBM memory (256MB), Dual Pentium Processors, SCSI CD ROM Drive, Six 32-bit Micro Channel slots, Two 32-bit PCI slots, One NIC is installed in a PCI Slot,
    22 drive bays - 18 of them hot-swap, IBM SCSI-2 Fast/Wide PCI RAID Adapter (this may be updated to newer IBM ServRAID Controller), Nine Hot Swap Drives (so it is half populated), Power Supply is 430 watt with voltage switch (115230 V ac) Plus Power supply upgrade expansion 220 watt automatic range voltage selection add-on. Comes with most of the original software that shipped with these, including OS/2, Netware, SCO, and NT Server. I believe this still has NT4 Enterprise and MS Exchange on the system. That software is also included! I used this for training and teaching purposes a long time ago and it has been packed in a crate for around three years.

Once upon a time this had a S/390 Microprocessor Complex installed in a Micro Channel Slot. The system was known as the PC Server System/390. Also had the adapter for 390 communication. Parallel or ESCON I cant remember.

I am located in Macon, GA that's 80 miles south of Atlanta. This thing is a tank so I would assume shipping will not work due to the weight.... It is boxed in a stout shipping box banded onto a wood pallet the size of the box footprint for shipping if you want to make arrangements for shipping it is ready to go.

I have several IBM parts I would like to let go and will be posting in the next day or two!

Thanks for looking, if interested you know what to do!

Roger

Is it the 7013-520 like this? It uses a RISC processor but you say yours has dual Pentium?
    IBM made other servers they called the 520.

It's similar to the PC Server 500:
    http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/alf/pcs500/

The 520 comes in two flavors, PCI/MCA and PCI/EISA.

Shame it's not in the UK. Way too expensive to ship here.
    Looking for: OMTI SMS Scientific Micro Systems 8610 or 8627 ESDI ISA drive controller, May also be branded Core HC, Please PM me if you want to part with one.

Blog Entries

I want it really bad! But I can't have it. No space and no money to ship it here.

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

I wonder how this got under Items Wanted?
    Yes, this is the PCI/MCA version. This is in new condition never went out to a customer site. It was my demo system that I had in our lab. Looks like this: pcserver720.jpg

Very good overview link from mR_slug! It looks very much like the 500 this one is just a newer version. Mine has dual 166 Pentiums.

This thread needs to be moved to the for sale or trade forum. But otherwise, I'm about 3.5hrs away from you in the Huntsville, AL area. How large of a vehicle would I need for this? How heavy is just the machine and how easy is it to lift? (dollyable?)

Here is some additional information about the IBM PC Server 520 -- New 166MHz SMP Models:

http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi...97/ENUS196-134

Dimensions
    Width: 353 mm (13.9 in)
    Depth: 755 mm (29.7 in)
    Height: 622 mm (24.5 in)
    Weight (minimum ship configuration): 31.29 kg (69 lb)

Quote Originally Posted by gslick View Post
    Here is some additional information about the IBM PC Server 520 -- New 166MHz SMP Models:

http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi...97/ENUS196-134
    Thank you so much! This definitely helps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mR_Slug View Post
    It's similar to the PC Server 500:
    http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/alf/pcs500/

The 520 comes in two flavors, PCI/MCA and PCI/EISA.

Shame it's not in the UK. Way too expensive to ship here.
    I have some 520 bits, but no case..
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals