Image Map Image Map

Thread: I just got purchased an apple iic from ebay... currently has ROM 255...

Default I just got purchased an apple iic from ebay... currently has ROM 255...

besides the ability to use a Smart 3.5" disk drive, and the self test, are there any other advantages to putting in a ROM0 or ROM3 in my A2S4000?
    i was able to use ADTPRO at 115200 speed without any issues...and I kinda like the ability to boot off the external drive 2. just wondering if I would be missing out on anything, if I didn't update the rom. I mean it's still a A2S4000 and not A2S4100.

opinions wanted.

thank you
    Last edited by waltermixxx; October 26th, 2017 at 04:16 PM.

Built in diagnostics. Rom0 will let you try to boot from a non-existant appletalk interface

Here's a small table summarizing the verisons of the Apple IIc that I put together for Apple2Online.com. [Click on the micro-image below...]

Hope it helps.

Ken

Apple IIc ROM Versions.jpg

Thank you, Very handy... now if only i could correct the title of my thread to: I just purchased an Apple IIc from ebay, currently has 255 rom.

(thanks again)

Quote Originally Posted by Drken View Post
    Here's a small table summarizing the verisons of the Apple IIc that I put together for Apple2Online.com. [Click on the micro-image below...]

Hope it helps.

Ken

Apple IIc ROM Versions.jpg