Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting an organ transplant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    It's *mostly* working.
    Hey. not too shabby! I'm a little bit jealous. Way back when I was the kid in 2nd or 3rd grade, I was the one picked to make a drum out of a coffee can. You know, an old Maxwell House can with a piece of inner tube stretched over the top and tied off with string. Then you wrapped cellophane tape around the eraser end of a pencil and wailed away on it. Some how I couldn't keep up with hand clapping and the other part of the rhythm section who were tapping out code with their fingers on their desktops. Also, while in junior high, I was asked not to take music as an elective for the next term. I never could understand how I was left with zero musical talents when my father played the piano with no lessons whatsoever.

There was a Hammond organ at my local Salvation Army store for like $70 (and further discounted %50 some time later) that I wanted to get but lack the space. I've already got a bunch of synthesizers (Roland JX-30, Alpha Juno, and a bunch of modules) And on top of that my computer systems, there's just no space.

Do you know how many things you can stack on top of a Hammond?

Blog Entries

Not as many as you can stack on top of a Rodgers...

All I have is a metronome and a Zippo. But I've been told I should have flowers..?

A guy I know has one with computers on top all the way to the ceiling. Not a cubic inch wasted in his place.

The way I figure it, once I get my DK Synergy fixed and reassembled, I can drop that sucker on top of a Hammond and toss my JX-10 on top for good measure...
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Quote Originally Posted by commodorejohn View Post
    The way I figure it, once I get my DK Synergy fixed and reassembled, I can drop that sucker on top of a Hammond and toss my JX-10 on top for good measure...
    You're going to need one of these to play them!

Heh, true
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/HS-80/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/M1, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Emax HD/Proteus-2, Casio CZ-5000, Moog Satellite, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Quote Originally Posted by travishuckins View Post
    there was a hammond organ at my local salvation army store for like $70 (and further discounted %50 some time later) that i wanted to get but lack the space. I've already got a bunch of synthesizers (roland jx-30, alpha juno, and a bunch of modules) and on top of that my computer systems, there's just no space.
    jx-3p*