Image Map Image Map

Thread: Anyone familiar with these TI 3046 or LR47777 monitors?

Default Anyone familiar with these TI 3046 or LR47777 monitors?

I've had these monitors for close to two years now and haven't been able to identify thheir purpose. I haven't attempted to power them up because I don't know what I can safely connect them to.

They have an IEC plug that seems to go into the female port of a 5150-style computer (where you can plug the monitor into the computer's power supply), but then there's a Composite (RCA connector) video input. Searches on the two potential model numbers (TI 3046 or TI LR47777) turned up nothing of interest, nor did searching on the FCC ID. I asked Paul Urbanus, who wrote Parsec for the TI-99 as an intern, if he remembered these and he said they probably aren't related to any of the home computer products.

MVIMG_20171112_112647.jpg
    MVIMG_20171112_112705.jpg

Any ideas?

Did TI ever sell a CCTV system?

Blog Entries

My guess is it's probably a generic composite monitor. Was quite popular to prefer these over TV if you had a computer running 80 column text.

On the back I can see it's 120VAC, and if you have a female IEC connector, then just plug a male mains cable in to it and flick the switch (that's all that plug really is on the back of PCs - it's nothing special). Then if it doesn't pop you can feed in a composite video signal and see if it syncs - anything from an Apple II to even an old VCR would likely work.
    WTB: IBM RT Ethernet and/or Graphics Adapters
    Twitter / YouTube

Blog Entries

Here's a photo of one with a Ti Professional Computer. It has that "Zenith" look about it and wouldn't surprise me if that's what you found inside.