Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Installing Windows 95

You could try SUBST.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Marietta, GA

Sorry, Stone. It is smarter than that.

The floppy version always wants to write back to disk1 to record user/company info. However, it gets confused if you run it from the hard drive. Off hand I only know of two ways to fix that.

1: Either start over and copy the CAB files from a CD-ROM version.

2: Create a text file in your setup folder named "MSBATCH.INF" and add the lines:
    And then run setup again.

Walled Lake, MI
    Blog Entries

The Toshiba 1910 supports PCMCIA so why not just find a cheap, working, PCMCIA CD-ROM on Ebay and take the easy way out. I personally have an EXP Memory Products 4X PCMCIA CD-ROM which is virtually NIB. It was manufactured in 1996 and can run on 8 AA batteries or the 12 vdc power pack. If you intend to keep the 1910 around and play with it, might be worth the investment. Just a thought.

Late edit: After nosing around in the packaging, I discovered a 1.44 floppy that contains the Windows 3.1 & 95 CD-ROM drivers, along with another floppy that has the PCMCIA III drivers.
    Last edited by Agent Orange; December 17th, 2017 at 07:46 AM.

Someguy, I think you've done it!!!!!