Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is oldskool.org safe?

That's why I only use Norton Utilities Advanced Edition v3.5.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3½" or 5¼" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    That's why I only use Norton Utilities Advanced Edition v3.5.
    Interesting, though you may be in the wrong topic for that disclosure since NU v3.5 is a Mac only CD release.

Blog Entries

When MSDOS 5 included Central Point's virus scanner, a lot of people (myself included) were upset by the fact that it flagged all executables that had been compressed using DIET.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    If anyone would like to officially mirror the FTP site, please be my guest. If you keep your mirror up to date, let me know and I can put your mirror in the FTP welcome message.
    Oooh, I'll register the domain newoldschool.org and mirror it there.

Seriously though I may look at mirroring it on my home NAS, though I'm not sure how much of my 1Tb transfer cap it'd chew up. And most of the VPS places starting hitting $20+ per month for the space needed to completely mirror it. Hmm, maybe I can host it at work...

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    Interesting, though you may be in the wrong topic for that disclosure since NU v3.5 is a Mac only CD release.
    Sorry, my BAD.

It's Norton Utilities Advanced Edition 4.50 ©1987-88.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3½" or 5¼" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

Don't cry too hard; he was one of the top 200 art collectors in the world by the year 2000, and hasn't been associated with "norton utilities" since 1990. He's doing just fine.
    Money isn't everything. I've run into plenty of people who blame him for the current software with his name, not realising he has nothing to do with it.

Don't cry too hard; he was one of the top 200 art collectors in the world by the year 2000, and hasn't been associated with "norton utilities" since 1990. He's doing just fine.
    But he stayed on the cover of Symantec products until 2001:

http://www.technologizer.com/2014/06...-peter-norton/

I see that you are hosting the Olivetti pocket service guides that I found! Those are the exact same folders that I created on my computer. I'm guessing that 1ST1 shared them with you. That's very cool. I was looking for a reliable long-term way to put them online but wasn't sure how... Very cool. But you are missing many files that I have found since then. How do I send them to you?
    • The only computer from my childhood that I'm missing is an Olivetti M380-40... Please help me find a solution to this problem
    • Looking for pictures of the following Olivetti computers: M380 W, M380 XP4, M400-60, M480... Complete list: http://pastebin.ca/3629976

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
    But he stayed on the cover of Symantec products until 2001:
    Of course, for marketing reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by 6885P5H View Post
    I see that you are hosting the Olivetti pocket service guides that I found! Those are the exact same folders that I created on my computer. I'm guessing that 1ST1 shared them with you. That's very cool. I was looking for a reliable long-term way to put them online but wasn't sure how... Very cool. But you are missing many files that I have found since then. How do I send them to you?
    Upload them to the /incoming directory and then drop me a line (email preferred) and I'll move them into the correct place. Make sure to specify BINary transfer
    Offering a bounty for:
    - Documentation and original distribution disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Corona PPC-400, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)
    - Any very old/ugly IBM joystick (such as the Franklin JS-123)

I've got this in mint condition: