Image Map Image Map
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sears / Kmart (near) free stuff for the Holidays (USA)

Blog Entries

What I find funny as there are legal and illegal ways to buy companies and strip them down for profit while leaving creditors and lesser shareholders in bankruptcy and debt.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

It's too bad our "Representatives" don't have our, or our Federal Union's, best interests in mind. Of course the citizenry is asleep on this issue too.

It should have been made illegal or at least very difficult or disadvantageous, very long ago, this practise of hedge funds and holding companies/conglomerates buying up other companies. How many casualties of this have we seen, for how long?

Blog Entries

Hey, some guy with a few billions here in the greater Detroit area (Livonia) recently plunked down some of it for a piece of the Sear's thing that went tango-uniform a while back. He now has the Livonia store up and running and has beds and mattresses thoughout the place. He may be one of those 'hedge fund/holding company' dudes but at least he was able to put a few people back to work.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

It sure doesn't sound like he is. It sounds like he is running a business to keep it going. Those other guys only buy businesses to squeeze out any value especially in the form of operating capital, to line their own pockets.

Blog Entries

They also like raiding the massive pension funds of old companies.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Cool

Driving to Sears and Kmart is too much of a hassle for me to continue the "free" shopping I used to do. They gutted their "sweeps" program that used to pay up to $20 a week by playing iPhone and website games.