Image Map Image Map

Thread: Dec LSI-11 bus grant cards

Default Dec LSI-11 bus grant cards

I am needing some LSI-11 bus grant cards, either two G7272 or two M8659, seems hard to find these for sale anywhere?? anyone have some spare for sale?
    thanks.....
    Harry

Have you tried looking for M9047 Q-bus grant continuity cards instead? Those are easily available, at least here in the US.

Hi gslick, I see there are some M9047 cards available in the States, but nothing closer to home as yet, I quess I will wait and see if anything turns up, or perhaps make something
    tempory.
    thanks,
    Harry

I wonder how cheap new PCBs could be made the size of G7272 Q-bus grant continuity cards.

They are single-sided PCBs approximately 2.5 inches by 2.5 inches, or 6.25 square inches.

With actual hard gold edge plating? Probably around $5 each, maybe less depending on the quantity. I've thought about laying out the non-knucklebuster version for Unibus, IMO the knucklebuster variety sucks and shouldn't be reproduced The same style handles that DEC used are still available, and I've got the correct rivet set for installing them:

http://www.glitchwrks.com/2017/04/25...ng-dec-handles

They're still pretty available though, just not overseas. But, hey, if it's something people are really interested in, I'd be happy to look into doing a run of them!

Of course, for $27 + ship you can buy a dual width, dual height protoboard from Douglas electronics:

http://www.douglas.com/index.php/12-de-11.html

And, if you want to make your own knucklebuster variety, Douglas has an appropriate board for $6:

http://www.douglas.com/index.php/18-de-7.html

The plus side to using a Douglas board is they're ready now (you can just order them) and if you need a protoboard in the future, you've already got it.
    Last edited by glitch; November 17th, 2017 at 10:08 AM.

gslick, Great photo's of the G7272 and of the M9047, it looks as if there are only connections on one side? if not any chance of pictures of the other sides, so I can see what connections if any, are made, seems simple enough to make a couple of these. With the links glitch have provided making a few new ones should be no problem. thanks glitch. Although I am reluctant! I do have a few Unibus grant cards, which I could alter for the Qbus, would just need to confirm the connections, on the correct tabs.
    thanks
    Harry

There are only jumpers on side 2 of connector A on the Q-bus grant continuity cards.

AM2 BIAKI L to AN2 BIAKO L - Interrupt Acknowledge In to Interrupt Acknowledge Out
    AR2 BDMGI L to AS2 BDMGO L - DMA Grant In to DMA Grant Out

Those are edge fingers 11 to 12, and 14 to 15. (The finger letters skip G, I, O, Q to avoid any confusion with numbers 6, 1, 0).

I don't know why the M9047 card has some edge fingers present that don't go anywhere.

The fun grant cards were the "Grantasaurus Rex" cards. I can't find a picture of one of those right now.

-Glen

Thanks gslick for confirming connections, I was assuming the other gold tabs were being used as well as the two linked tabs shown. Wonder why the unused gold tabs were there? I'll see what I have lying around to make these now, many thanks for your help.

Harry