Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An expensive night on ebay.

Blog Entries

Default An expensive night on ebay.

I bid on this Compucolor. I did not realize they'd reached the strata of Altairs:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F322873492685

Then I bid on this Big Board 2.. last time a Big Board went it went for $150ish. Not tonight:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F152778712741

Crazy!

icarumba

Blog Entries

Just seems like a trend for all collectable computer items.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    Just seems like a trend for all collectable computer items.
    It gets featured somewhere viral, it's value gets raised by a long shot. Just like anything anyone popular on YouTube shows.
    It becomes just a bit less common, it's value gets raised by a long shot. Just like a bit of anything that comes across here, really.
    It becomes a commodity to show off, it's value gets raised by a long shot. Just like Gravis Ultrasound cards when it comes to VOGONS and every other "retro gaming" kiddie corner. (I take no stance on offenses!)

That's what it is and that's what will remain in the natural cycle of sellers trying to get rich quick. The good stuff on prices is often in random liquidation sales, sales with vague information or sometimes a mislabeled sale when it comes to searching for anything on sites like ePay. Just this week, I found a $30 Apple II SASI card clone mislabeled as an ISA I/O controller and an auction for a Enhancer 2000 starting at $12 with a vague label of a "Chinon floppy drive".

Now if only I could be arsed to bid on that Enhancer; those things stink without the nonexistent JiffyDOS ROMs!
    Last edited by Kazblox; November 20th, 2017 at 12:13 AM.
    Join your local penny pincher movement today!

Not to derail this, but I never liked the Enhancer drives. My personal favourite non-Commodore drive was the Indus GT. Sexy beasts.

Well, OK, and the MSD SD-2, but for an entirely different reason.
    I use my C128 because I am an ornery, stubborn, retro grouch. -- Bob Masse
    Machine room: http://www.floodgap.com/etc/machines.html

Blog Entries

I liked the look of the 1571 drives and never cared much for 3rd party Commodore drives. The Atari 1050 drive looks cool also.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

If you didn't win either auction then it was a cheap night of entertainment.

You might need the money you didn't spend on either of those auctions to win this one instead:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-RC...7/263321738750

Isn’t there an Elf hoarder out there? With one bid and four hours remaining, could be in for a show !

Blog Entries

I nabbed that one. I'm stunned nobody else bid. Even the hoarder didn't appear. There were 29 people watching it, and I know the Netronics ones have sold for north of $700. Strange. Oh well.

Great find, post better pictures when she lands !