Image Map Image Map

Thread: Getting rid of Compaq evo N400c Laptop with dock

Default Getting rid of Compaq evo N400c Laptop with dock

Hi I am getting rid of my Compaq evo n400c with cd/floppy attachment and the home dock. I hope this is the right place to be posting this. Thanks guys for checking it out. https://goo.gl/7ruAyt
    The link is to my store page.
    Thanks again

Maybe I'd pay that much for an 80's laptop, but definitely not late 90's. Might find someone to buy though!
    Not a very good cyber Monday deal

You might find a buyer for your asking price if you cleaned the units up, tested all of the functionality of the parts and made some new high-res pictures for the auction.

Nobody likes pictures taken with a potato.

FYI -- despite being from around 2002-2003, the Evo N400c makes a good DOS/Windows 9x gaming laptop because the LCD does proper scaling of all resolutions (no huge black borders or blocky irregular pixels), its ESS Allegro sound chip has DOS support with SB Pro emulation, and it even has a composite video output for connecting to your TV.

I like the N400c and have a couple of them. I've never seen that doc station for it thought, I've got the one that the notebook sits on top of.

Blog Entries

I have a completely different docking station on my N440C, much slimmer than that one. But I agree with others, the price is a bit high, and for that price I'd expect it to be near mint condition, clean, complete (with power supply) and 100% guaranteed working.

Quote Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
    FYI -- despite being from around 2002-2003, the Evo N400c makes a good DOS/Windows 9x gaming laptop because the LCD does proper scaling of all resolutions (no huge black borders or blocky irregular pixels), its ESS Allegro sound chip has DOS support with SB Pro emulation, and it even has a composite video output for connecting to your TV.
    Oh, I did not know this, never thought about using mine as a DOS machine. I may need to pull it out and give it a go.

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10