Image Map Image Map

Thread: Getting used to an ELF II

Blog Entries

Default Getting used to an ELF II

I've a question about my ELF II. It has the Giant board installed and I'm trying like heck to follow Netronics' instructions for testing it.

The directions instructed that one needed to set Run, Load and MP off, then set Load on. Then Enter C0, F0, 00 the usual way hitting input after each byte. But then it says this:

"Set Run switch off and then back on. We are now back to the beginning of the monitor program at C0 F0 00.

Enter: 02;02 should appear on the display
    00;00 should appear on the display
    10;10 should appear on the display"

Now, as I'm reading it, it sounds like I should be able to press 02 and have 02 just appear on the screen, no input button required? It does not do that. I only get 02 if I type 02 and hit Input. I found if I hit input after each, up to a point I could get the expected result. But then when I tried the cassette write command.. nothing would work. It displays EE and that's it.

On my Quest Elf, when inputting the data, i have Run, Load and MP -off ( to reset /clear data) then switch Load - On. Now start loading the data, each time hit the Input button. To review the data, put Load -Off, then MP-On. Hitting thei input each time will display what you have entered previously (as if reviewing the data enterd is OK). Now switch the Run-On....should run your program as expected.

Blog Entries

Yeah. I'm just confused as to why they don't say press input after each entry.