Image Map Image Map

Thread: WTB: 2 x 8042 keyboard controllers

Default WTB: 2 x 8042 keyboard controllers

As the title says. Trying to get a couple of 386 boards going without sacrificing my working one as posted here.

I'd also be interested in a spare oscillator (50-80MHz), maybe an extra CPU (386DX/486DLC), and possibly BIOSes if you happen to have a compatible one, or at least the right kind of EPROMs for burning a BIOS onto.

Let me know what you've got.
    Last edited by xjas; December 7th, 2017 at 12:54 PM.

What 386DX are you looking for?
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

^^ Anything really, I've got 3 boards and 2 CPUs so I just want to fill in the blank. The CPU-less board is also the one missing the oscillator, so I can really put anything in if I get a matching osc. A 16 or 33 would be cool as I've got a 25 & 40 in the other two.

Here's what I've got:

386-16 Double Sigma (ΣΣ)
    387-16
    386 DX-33

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

Cool, thx for the offer. I'm gonna hold off for a bit and see what I can do about the support chips; no sense getting a CPU if I don't know if I can get actually get the board going. Sorting the keyboard controllers & BIOSes is critical, obviously (and I can test those between the three boards I have.)

Quote Originally Posted by xjas View Post
    I'd also be interested in ... maybe an extra CPU (386DX/486DLC)...Let me know what you've got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    What 386DX are you looking for?
    ^^ Anything really, I've got 3 boards and 2 CPUs so I just want to fill in the blank. The CPU-less board is also the one missing the oscillator, so I can really put anything in if I get a matching osc. A 16 or 33 would be cool as I've got a 25 & 40 in the other two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Here's what I've got:

386-16 Double Sigma (ΣΣ)
    387-16
    386 DX-33
    Cool, thx for the offer. I'm gonna hold off for a bit and see what I can do about the support chips; no sense getting a CPU if I don't know if I can get actually get the board going.
    Your consistency is overwhelming.

The thread title says exactly what I'm looking for first, I put the other stuff in there in case someone wanted to offer me a package deal on a bunch of parts so I don't have to ship ten tiny little pieces one at a time from all over. Now that I know what you've got I can keep that in mind if I find the right support chips to actually get the thing running.

Right now I've got:
    3 boards
    2 CPUs
    1 BIOS, that only works on of the 1 boards, and
    0 keyboard controllers (the one on the working board is soldered in.)

...so you can see what order I need to get the parts in. Maybe we can make a deal once I'm sure the board actually works so I know I'm not wasting effort & money on it.
    Last edited by xjas; December 7th, 2017 at 09:22 PM.