Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know who made this case?

Blog Entries

Default Anyone know who made this case?

Was wondering if anybody knows who made this case. It is missing the front door panel.

front case.jpgside case.jpg

The case has a LCD panel with 2 temp monitors (CPU, HD) and blue LED lights in the front 4 corners (and on the 80mm fans).
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

I can say with good certainty that it's made by Antec in the early 2000s.

The removable bay styling, power buttons, side door and internal drive bays are all unique to Antec styling of the timeframe.

You might be able to transplant the front bezel with another Antec case that uses the same frame:

Antec PLUS1080AMG

http://www.pcstats.com/articleimages...80_front-o.jpg

Blog Entries

That is an Antec design that was very popular for a while. It was copied by a ton of manufacturers and came in steel, aluminum, with a window, without a window, with a door over the front bays and without. There was even a smaller one that had 2 or so fewer external 5.25" bays. I even think I have one sitting in my storage that was painted red for for me by Maaco (my dad owns a local one).

You can probably find them on ebay, as a ton of them were made and sold.

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    ... and blue LED lights in the front 4 corners (and on the 80mm fans).
    Burn it! Burn it with fire!

It is hard to believe blue LEDs have been around for so long. You would think people either would have gotten tired of them by now, or gone completely blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Burn it! Burn it with fire!

It is hard to believe blue LEDs have been around for so long. You would think people either would have gotten tired of them by now, or gone completely blind.
    So, umm, what's wrong with blue LEDs?

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lutiana View Post
    I have USB hub with blue LED. When the computer is in sleep mode, the LED puts out more light than a nightlight. Not sure what type of stupidity lets USB devices to continue drawing power in sleep mode. I doubt it is necessary for someone to see it operating from anywhere in the house especially when it isn't doing anything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    I have USB hub with blue LED. When the computer is in sleep mode, the LED puts out more light than a nightlight. Not sure what type of stupidity lets USB devices to continue drawing power in sleep mode. I doubt it is necessary for someone to see it operating from anywhere in the house especially when it isn't doing anything.
    Try it in a different USB port. Some motherboards come with one or two "Always on" usb ports. The idea is it can be used to charge a device even if the machine is off. So there is a chance that other usb ports you have won't power the hub when the machine is off.

Anyways, back to the regularly scheduled post...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    I've got a similar USB hub with the blinding blue LED. The case of the hub doesn't appear to be easy to open to at least black out the thing. Whatever happened to the dim red, amber or green LEDs that told you that something was happening?

But yeah, the case looks like an Antec to me--the drive slots are a giveaway.

Blog Entries

CA206CS_113576.jpgLED bling is probably here to stay. My old main rig resides in a Corsair Graphite series 760T Artic White case and the LED's on the fans are not blinding but they do stand out when the lights are out.

If you want room for a large motherboard you either need a server case or a gamers case. Cable management is much nicer on gamer cases plus you have buttons for fan speed.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by lutiana View Post
    - They light up an entire room at night
    - They are painful to look at, especially when they are used as indicators.
    - The light frequency throws off natural sleep patterns.
    - When there is a successful commercial product designed to combat these monstrosities there is something very horribly wrong: http://www.lightdims.com/
    - It's too 1980's "Tron"-ish. I thought I was the only one that like that movie.
    - I strongly suspect they will eventually be linked to vision problems.
    - Of course they are eye catching, that is the entire idea. Mindless drooling consumeriods love them.