Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know who made this case?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    I can say with good certainty that it's made by Antec in the early 2000s.

The removable bay styling, power buttons, side door and internal drive bays are all unique to Antec styling of the timeframe.

You might be able to transplant the front bezel with another Antec case that uses the same frame:

Antec PLUS1080AMG

http://www.pcstats.com/articleimages...80_front-o.jpg
    If I replaced the front I would lose the cool temp monitor device.

I got this thing off of a local seller who had 3 x 320GB SATA HDs for $15 (at $5 a piece tested I figured I needed some more spares). He got them out of this case and gave me the guts (case, ABIT AM2 motherboard with bad caps, cheapish looking Turbolink 500W ATX power supply, DVDRW). Pretty sure he got this thing on a curb somewhere as he is known to dumpster dive at a recycling facility (which is how I got a few old Compaqs from him over the years).

I like ABIT boards so I removed 7 bad caps and ordered some more. The PS also had a bad cap inside (same 2200uf 6.3v as the motherboard) and I replaced that. Cleaned the case up (fans had so much dust) and tested the case + PS with a PS tester and fans/lights as a load. At least I have that custom ABIT ATX BEZEL which is hard to find.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    - They light up an entire room at night
    - They are painful to look at, especially when they are used as indicators.
    - The light frequency throws off natural sleep patterns.
    - When there is a successful commercial product designed to combat these monstrosities there is something very horribly wrong: http://www.lightdims.com/
    - It's too 1980's "Tron"-ish. I thought I was the only one that like that movie.
    - I strongly suspect they will eventually be linked to vision problems.
    - Of course they are eye catching, that is the entire idea. Mindless drooling consumeriods love them.

Yeah blue lights are aweful, need to upgrade to RGB
    Actually if I'm doing a show off build, I like using white.
    WTB: IBM RT Ethernet and/or Graphics Adapters
    Twitter / YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    If I replaced the front I would lose the cool temp monitor device.
    Just get a 5.25" bay one if you want to see the temps:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/231561063846

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    I like ABIT boards so I removed 7 bad caps and ordered some more. The PS also had a bad cap inside (same 2200uf 6.3v as the motherboard) and I replaced that. Cleaned the case up (fans had so much dust) and tested the case + PS with a PS tester and fans/lights as a load. At least I have that custom ABIT ATX BEZEL which is hard to find.
    When replacing old caps, just replace all of them. They can go bad without showing physical symptoms and it can be an annoying cat and mouse game of replacing them a few at a time.

Blog Entries

Usually caps around the CPU heatsink go bad, and I do replace all of those even if only one leaks. Once in a great while you see smaller caps around the video card slots go bad. Small caps tend not to be a problem.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems