Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zilog Z8613 Microcontrollers

Blog Entries

Default Zilog Z8613 Microcontrollers

While looking up the prices on Z8613's I spotted a guy selling them in tube lots of 10 for $100 each.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-PCS-ZILOG-...item3f5406eb85

These chips are vital especially for Apple users wanting to reformat their 10mb Profile disk drives. You're looking about $10 per chip which isn't bad given how the Z8603 normally sells for $30 each.
    [Need something to waste time on? Click here to visit my YouTube channel CelGenStudios]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [No time for videos? Click here to visit my Twitter feed @CelGenStudios]

= Excellent space heater

Quote Originally Posted by NeXT View Post
    While looking up the prices on Z8613's I spotted a guy selling them in tube lots of 10 for $100 each.
    If you buy a tube of 10, I'm happy to send you some money for one. I could use an extra just in case.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-PCS-ZILOG-...item3f5406eb85

These chips are vital especially for Apple users wanting to reformat their 10mb Profile disk drives. You're looking about $10 per chip which isn't bad given how the Z8603 normally sells for $30 each.

I think he just dropped the price to $66, so I bought a tube.
    These are later glop-top parts with machine sockets for the EPROM, which are MUCH better than
    the crappy original sockets. Most Profiles should have the original piggy back Z8 replaced, since there
    was an ECO to do that. If you still have one in your machine, you should consider ether replacing it with
    the plasic ROM version or finding one of these parts in 2K. I may try programming the 2K version firmware
    into a 4K to see if it works ok (it should). A few years ago I obtained a bunch of Profile docs, including all
    the firmware sources and some work was done by Patrick (the guy who did the IDEfile) http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/patrick/IDEfaq.htm
    and I to document it. The stuff is all up on bitsavers.
    Last edited by Al Kossow; October 6th, 2015 at 07:02 AM.

I think NeXT was quoting in C Dollars.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

Canadian dollars, plus shipping. In USD without shipping it was $65 a tube.

Quote Originally Posted by snuci View Post
    If you buy a tube of 10, I'm happy to send you some money for one. I could use an extra just in case.
    My hands are tied right now. I'm awaiting the outcome of an emergency clutch replacement (good thing that didn't happen in Idaho!) and a few things at work that might affect my payroll. Otherwise I'd totally buy a tube and sell the extras at $10 a pop.
    [Need something to waste time on? Click here to visit my YouTube channel CelGenStudios]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Excellent space heater

My hands are tied right now. I'm awaiting the outcome of an emergency clutch replacement (good thing that didn't happen in Idaho!) and a few things at work that might affect my payroll. Otherwise I'd totally buy a tube and sell the extras at $10 a pop.
    If you need one or two, I could buy and offer the same to you. Let me know. It is a good deal. I think OI paid $25US for mine and I thought I stole it at that price

Blog Entries

I'm totally interested if someone wants to reserve one.

= Excellent space heater

I'm totally interested if someone wants to reserve one.
    Done and bought yesterday I'll PM you when they come.

I could use a couple if anyone can spare them.

Hi Steve,

I'll put two aside and PM you when they arrive.