Image Map Image Map

Thread: Amber CRT

Blog Entries

Default Amber CRT

As most of you all know, Iím in the process of upgrading my TRS-80 Model 4 computer with added memory and floppy drives, but what I really want to do is that after these particular modifications, I also want to change out the current B&W display and swap in an amber monitor.

Iíve seen other Model 4s with this change, and I want to do the same to mine. I realize itís not something most people are doing, but still, I think this change is better on the eyes, and looks pretty damned cool.

So where can I source out the display? Are the monitors a simple swap, or is there any kind of compatibility issues I need to be aware of?

As always; thanks ever so much. I treasure the feedback I get in the forums.

Chiao

Thomas
    Wanted: - Complete SERIES ONE TRS-80, IBM 5170 AT, Original authentic IBM 5100 Portable, IBM 5151 Monitor. Also looking for Packard Bell 75Mhz computer, Commodore Pet w. Built-in cassette drive, amber 12Ē CRT, Mac SE-30 hard disk to replace the bad drive currently installed, TRS-80 Coco series 1 upgrades including memory, IBM PC 5160 compatible CD ROM.

If you find a source of amber CRTs please let me know. They are pretty much unobtanium these days but I’d love to put one in a Model II! I think you’ll have to canabilize another monitor to get one though.