Image Map Image Map

Thread: Itronix Husky FS/2 Ruggedized MS-DOS handheld -- for trade or for sale

Default Itronix Husky FS/2 Ruggedized MS-DOS handheld -- for trade or for sale

Husky FS/2 Ruggedized MS-DOS handheld

Ruggedized handheld running MS-DOS 3.30 with an 8086 CPU.
    More info available at:
    http://www.handheldsystems.com/handh...os/fs2/fs2.htm

The FS/2 is built like a tank, it's really sturdy. Before I acquired it, it was used in the timber industry in Oregon. This unit was has some cosmetic wear and tear, but it works fine. It has two issues: the LCD backlight doesn't work (only an issue in the dark), and there are a few scratches on the LCD screen, though all the characters are still readable. See pictures.

The Husky comes with a data transfer cable that connects to a 9-pin serial port. The unit uses three AA batteries. It also comes with a power adapter for charging batteries. However, since I don't have any rechargeable batteries (I've always put regular AA batteries in the unit), I have not had a chance to test the power adapter. I don't have a printed instructions manual, but I can provide a manual in PDF format as well as a DOS program to transfer files via the data cable.

Looking to trade for a Windows CE handheld or another retro device. Will also entertain offers for purchase.
    Attached Images Attached Images