Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New eBay scam

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    eBay is too big and too lean. They don't have any manpower. You cannot go to their nearest retail store's customer service desk and explain your case to someone who will consider your case and can do something about it.
    But you can call them and talk to a real person over the phone, who has the ability to do things to resolve your case that you cannot do through the web site.

I have found I have always had better luck actually talking to someone at eBay when something needed to be figured out or resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
    But you can call them and talk to a real person over the phone, who has the ability to do things to resolve your case ...
    Quote Originally Posted by alank2 View Post
    I have found I have always had better luck actually talking to someone at eBay when something needed to be figured out or resolved.
    Ya', but there are those who aren't all that tech savvy and haven't been able to figure out how the telephone works.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

With eBays and PayPal current policies, just filing a "Item Not as Described" will protect you from this easily so I don't really see the problem here.

The Seller has to pay the Return Shipping and if the Seller doesn't respond eBay or PayPal will provide you a Full Refund after a certain amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclops View Post
    I don't really see the problem here.
    Read the start of the thread.
    The problem was it never shipped and they fraudulently claimed delivery.
    The issue was resolved once I explained in an email to eBay that it was impossible to ship big car parts Priority Mail.

I wish the original poster had the option to delete an entire thread here.

Blog Entries

If you can still edit the first post, just edit it to offer something inappropriate for sale...
    Be polite and I may let you live.

If you can still edit the first post, just edit it to offer something inappropriate for sale...
    You can't in this case. The period for editing a post is only 48 hours.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Very clever and very snarky, but not terribly helpful. And I'd really like to see a reduction in the snark here. It gets old after a while.

Al - all you have to do is ask. I think this thread started as a good warning so I'd hate to see it go. But I'm also sorry that so many people are diluting the warning by posting without reading or making posts that provide no real value.

After looking at the Sellers eBay Account from the First Post I would say that more than likely that Account has been compromised and isn't even being run by the Real Seller, if you look at the Feedback you will see a gap of about 6 Months in the Feedback, also there are no other items listed for sale in the account now.