Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Off topic marketplace items

Default Off topic marketplace items

This area (off-topic marketplace) should be used for computer and related tech that is not vintage.

That does not include your car, your dishware, or somebody's adult magazine collection. It will be a cold day in hell before we use VCFed.org resources of any type to sell things that far off topic, especially for people who might not even be forum members.

(Yes, there was a post deleted ...)

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by mbbrutman; January 11th, 2018 at 08:18 AM. Reason: typo

A planet that's evolving And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour

Quote Originally Posted by mbbrutman View Post
    This area (off-topic marketplace) should be used for computer and related tech that is not vintage.

That does not include your car, your dishware, or somebody's adult magazine collection. It will be a cold day in hell before we use VCFed.org resources of any type to sell things that far off topic, especially for people who might not even be forum members.

Thanks,
    Mike
    the sticky says other wize.
    http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...OT-Marketplace

Post whatever you want to buy, sell, trade, give, etc. that has nothing to do with Vintage Computers. Cars, boats, houses, paper clips and anything else are fair game.
    Witch do we fallow?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by mbbrutman; January 11th, 2018 at 08:19 AM. Reason: typo in quoted text

The thread in question clearly violated the "family friendly" bit.

And how cold is cold? The forecast says 18F in Hell, MI on Saturday. So the sticky may be valid as early as Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    The thread in question clearly violated the "family friendly" bit.
    Hear, hear!

Thanks very much, Mike, for clearing this out.

smp

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    the sticky says other wize.
    http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...OT-Marketplace

Witch do we fallow?
    Thanks.
    It's fair to point that out, and what you cited there is over 10 years old already. I will update it accordingly.

Mike

A planet that's evolving And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour

I do understand the hole family friendly part. I don't want any smut being sold here. I sure most others would think the same.

It's fair to point that out, and what you cited there is over 10 years old already. I will update it accordingly.

Mike

I don't see how its age has any meaning with it being stickyed and posted by the site admin, but things do change with time I guise. I do agree how ever. There are far better places to sell non tech stuff.
    Last edited by Mr. Horse; January 11th, 2018 at 08:53 AM.

Your mistake is in assuming that being "stickied" means that people are rereading it on a regular basis. They are not.

Look over the past six months; nobody has used this area for something that wasn't tech related. Expectations have changed. And based on what was posted today, the policy was going to be changed one way or the other.

Blog Entries

Can I also suggest that forum rules be more regularly reviewed and updated? Nobody likes it when goalposts get moved liked that.

It's the reason 68KMLA decided to ban me from their forum AND their IRC server. They didn't like me ramming their silly moderator antics down their throats when I pointed out the forum rules said something else.
    Last edited by NeXT; January 11th, 2018 at 12:03 PM.
    = Excellent space heater

Upon further review, I'm not going to change anything that isn't already broken. Feel free to sell your house or your car here if you think that's a good idea.

Upon further review, I'm not going to change anything that isn't already broken. Feel free to sell your house or your car here if you think that's a good idea.
    You should restore the post that was hastily deleted.
    If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen
    ☞ Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.