Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I like cereal

Quote Originally Posted by 2icebitn View Post
    And my mother used to eat tongue and perhaps even sweet breads (brains).
    It's sweetbreads, not sweet breads.

And sweetbreads are not brains but rather the thymus or pancreas from a young animal.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    And sweetbreads are not brains but rather the thymus or pancreas from a young animal.
    One of the best lunches I ever had was a slice of sauteed sweetbread between two halves of sauteed lamb's kidneys. It was at the Reform Club, in London.

And canned Ox Tongue makes excellent sandwiches. Somebody has to import it from the UK, though, so it's hard to come by.

Blog Entries

Next you're going to tell us how much you love black pudding!

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    Next you're going to tell us how much you love black pudding!
    Only when it's fried in LARD!

Blog Entries

Lard good. Blood bad.

I have always wanted to try blood sausage.
    Besides that I love Ofals. Havent done sweetbreads or brains yet, but any other organ I have tried. Haggis, I have had,. ITs ok. Not the best, but the ingredients aren't the issue, the recipe is.

I bought some pig hearts and kidneys recently from an asian market just to make these recipes:https://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/devilled-kidneys and http://www.greatbritishchefs.com/rec...s-heart-recipe

on another note, when I was in the NAVY in san diego, I got hooked on vietnamese PHO, the traditional dish has braised tripe and tendon... I LOVE it even though my wife hates it.

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    on another note, when I was in the NAVY in san diego, I got hooked on vietnamese PHO, the traditional dish has braised tripe and tendon... I LOVE it even though my wife hates it.
    SWMBO loves that and has taught herself to make it (she also makes a cracking Indian curry). Except she's not as keen on offal as you or I, so uses normal meat. I used to eat it regularly, back in England, at a little hole in the wall, blue collar, Vietnamese place in an alley behind Leicester Square.

Speaking of food, today I am making my famous risotto. The recipe is a secret, but I can say that it's tomato based and includes both beef and bacon. Everybody who tries it loves it and when somebody is a bit of a dick, I get to look them in the eye and say "See? This is why you don't get risotto."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2icebitn View Post
    That's enough food for me to make it from the toaster oven to the refrigerator. To get the butter. It needs butter if I'm going to eat it. And yes please post the recipe. I warn you I do have to eliminate bread from my diet if I'm going to lose weight. Bread, cheese, candy, soda, cakes, cookies. And eat lots of yumyum veggies, like stir fry. I do love veggies, I just don't eat enough of them. I was a vegetarian for 6 years. But a total cheater. I ate more calzones (cheese) then anything else!
    Did you see it here? http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...nd-Onion-bread
    Be polite and I may let you live.