Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DS1216E source code

Default DS1216E source code

Does anyone have any source code implementing a DS1216E in CP/M 2.2 or CP/M Plus? I have one and Matthew Reed's XTRS32 emulator also emulates one so I thought I'd add support in my CP/M Plus. Before I starting writing software to support it I thought I'd check to see if anyone has any source code I can use as a starting point.

Blog Entries

i"ve written code for the DS1215, but it was for x86 (V40) not Z80.

However, the Maxim guide is very nicely detailed. You should have no problem spinning code in an evening.

https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/a...ndex.mvp/id/52

http://www.brutman.com/PCjr/DS1216E.html has a link to source code you can use.

Blog Entries

Mike, I think Alphasite was looking for Z80 source--I've got x86 source, but that's set to handle int 1A BIOS serivice.

The Maxim doc has pseudo code as well as 8051 code, which might also be helpful. In any case, it isn't difficult.

I linked him to source code; it will be helpful with the application notes even if it is a different architecture.

Thanks, I'll look through the application notes and the source. I was mainly concerned about any pitfalls around the serial reading and writing.

Okay, looking at the pseudo code in the application note what I need to do to read the clock is:

1) Map in the ROM
    2) Read from the base ROM address 65 times (ROM base is 0000H)
    3) Write the eight bytes of the trigger one bit at a time to the base ROM address
    4) Read the eight bytes of the stored time one bit at a time from the base ROM address
    5) Map out the ROM

To do a write change step 4 to a write.

Blog Entries

Yup--be sure to disable interrupts (if you're using them) while you're giving the magic incantation.

Back in the day, Dwayne Saylor wrote Smartwatch software for the TRS80 Models 1, 3 and 4.
    A search of the usual suspects should find the code.

This zip has the code for SMART/CMD but not for CLK/CMD
    http://www.planetemu.net/rom/tandy-r...yne-saylor-cmd

I modified CLK4/CMD to run on the TRS80 Model 2, so I know I have the source code 'somewhere', just have to find it.

The Southern Cross Z-80 had and option for Smart Watch a down load of the firmware is here www.kitsrus.com/zip/sc1.zip look at the SCMV1.prn file.
    The Clock.prn could also be looked at to see how to access the smart watch.
    Who let out the magic smoke!!!!!!!!!!!