Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Mac SE/30

Blog Entries

Default Black Mac SE/30

Is this a real thing or painted?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Extremely-R...19.m1438.l2649

EDIT: My phone wasn't showing the whole description. It is painted. Although, doing a bit of homework, there were some 'Tempest' Macs supposedly that did come in a black color, though it's unclear if they were from the factory that way.

Painted, as described in the text.

very few models were supplied in Black (macintosh TV being one of those, the 5500 was also available but not in every country) the SE series were never supplied in black or any other shade.

the tempest was a different beast, the casing was different (modified) and the rear one was unique.

http://www.digibarn.com/collections/...91T/index.html

So this is just a Standard SE/30 sprayed in black.

This is a "must have" for any collection.
    As the seller states... I wonder why. This thing is of no value for any collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Timo W. View Post
    As the seller states... I wonder why. This thing is of no value for any collection.
    Most ebay sellers with vintage machines know little to nothing about what they're trying to sell, and assume just because it's old, it's going to be rare.

it wouldnt look all that bad if it wasnt for that stupid screen. The bell & howell Apple II's are nice looking.

Blog Entries

Reality Distortion Field √

It is indeed NOT anything more than an SE/30 that someone rattlecanned black. Oh, and cut a hole in the side for a fan so if you strip the paint off you are still stuck with a giant hole.
    The signatures inside are a sure way to filter out people too stupid to google.
    Last edited by NeXT; January 14th, 2018 at 10:11 AM.
    = Excellent space heater

7. Default

This is a "must have" for any collection.
    Because he wants you to buy it.

what is all that gunk to the left of the back sticker?
    Why is the current bid over $150.00 (shipping included)?! You can find an SE30 for under 50 dollars pretty easily, cant you? I just got a fatMAC for $45

Blog Entries

It sold for $305. Someone wanted it.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

..Im speechless! I thought this was really stupid, but that guy is a genius. I have an se20 that works, I just need some krylon cans of black paint... Im gonna build a "must have for any collection" box myself..... I guess Im just lucky that mine "has the signatures of some apple employees in it" as well!
    Last edited by VERAULT; January 16th, 2018 at 04:46 AM.