Image Map Image Map

Thread: Biostar m5ala motherboard

Default Biostar m5ala motherboard

I've been looking at buying the biostar m5ala motherboard for an old gaming computer but i cant find any info on it.
    I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with this board thanks for any info you can give me

Has any one used the biostar m5ala and if so what kind of problems did you have with it if any

thanks for the link but I had found the manual I was kind of looking for opinion on the motherboard

Hmm... supports AMD K6 AND K6-2 but only goes up to 100mhz... are you looking more for MS-DOS gaming or Windows 9x gaming? A Socket 7 board that only goes up to 100mhz? Seems odd.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisHuckins View Post
    Hmm... supports AMD K6 AND K6-2 but only goes up to 100mhz... are you looking more for MS-DOS gaming or Windows 9x gaming? A Socket 7 board that only goes up to 100mhz? Seems odd.
    It supports up to 100 MHz bus speed, not CPU clock.

The board supports up to a 5x multiplier (page 1-11), but it only specifies AMD K6/2 up to 350 MHz on page 1-13. This probably means it was only designed for up to 350 MHz CPUs and the higher multipliers are experimental or for overclocking.