Image Map Image Map
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Disk Image of DesignJet 800PS Formatter HDD?

  1. #1

    Default Disk Image of DesignJet 800PS Formatter HDD?

    I was wondering if anyone by chance has a disk image of the HDD used on a DesignJet 800PS plotter? I'm trying to resurrect an HP 800PS for use at my school. The HDD died (which is very, very, very common. Stupid Hitachi Travelstars.) I've found various hints on Google about just imaging a replacement hdd, but can't locate a download.

    Thanks,

    oP

  2. #2

    Default

    I have the image at work. I'll have to figure out a way to send it over. I think it even has instructions and an imaging program to restore the image to a blank HDD.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
    I was wondering if anyone by chance has a disk image of the HDD used on a DesignJet 800PS plotter? I'm trying to resurrect an HP 800PS for use at my school. The HDD died (which is very, very, very common. Stupid Hitachi Travelstars.) I've found various hints on Google about just imaging a replacement hdd, but can't locate a download.

    Thanks,

    oP
    Even before they were Hitachi and IBM made them; regardless of Travelstar or Deskstar they should be called Deathstars.
    Daniel P. Cayea - The Lyon Mountain Company - Plattsburgh, New York 12901
    Vintage Equipment: IBM 5150 * IBM 5161 * ThinkPad 770ED
    Modern Equipment: MacBook Pro 13 * Alienware M15R3

  4. #4

    Default

    Hi Njroadfan.
    I too have a designjet 800 with a dead Hard drive.
    Can you please send me a link to download the disk image you have?

    Thanks.

  5. #5

    Default

    Try the link here: http://lauburu-informatica.es/lauinf...designjet-800/

    I don't have the ability to upload a file that large at the moment.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by njroadfan View Post
    Try the link here: http://lauburu-informatica.es/lauinf...designjet-800/

    I don't have the ability to upload a file that large at the moment.

    Many thanks Njroadfan.
    I found the torrent, but no seeders at the moment. I will wait until someone seed this.

  7. #7

    Default Same problem here.

    Quote Originally Posted by njroadfan View Post
    I have the image at work. I'll have to figure out a way to send it over. I think it even has instructions and an imaging program to restore the image to a blank HDD.
    Hello there.
    I am very interested to have that image file. Is there any possibility you could lead me to it?
    How big is it?
    Could it be transferred by wetransfer.com (less than 2GB)?
    I have a faulty formatter board error 05:10, and want to try this https://www.ebay.com/itm/IDE-44-Pin-...gAAOSw585WT8W0 with a Compact Flash Card for better stability.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Alex View Post
    Many thanks Njroadfan.
    I found the torrent, but no seeders at the moment. I will wait until someone seed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by risras View Post
    Hello there.
    I am very interested to have that image file. Is there any possibility you could lead me to it?
    How big is it?
    Could it be transferred by wetransfer.com (less than 2GB)?
    I have a faulty formatter board error 05:10, and want to try this https://www.ebay.com/itm/IDE-44-Pin-...gAAOSw585WT8W0 with a Compact Flash Card for better stability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Alex View Post
    Hi Njroadfan.
    I too have a designjet 800 with a dead Hard drive.
    Can you please send me a link to download the disk image you have?

    Thanks.

    Hey folks. I've uploaded the image file (from the torrent) to wetransfer as requested. I'm also going to seed the torrent sporadically for another few weeks. It was easy to use and got my unit up and running. Cheers.

    https://we.tl/t-1KaNo0jLfb

  9. #9

    Default

    Hey all ( sorry for the bump ) but i need the Disk Images for repair my HP 800PS too , if some one can re-upload it because all the existing links are dead , thanks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •