Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macintosh 128k Mouse (Mitsumi Elec. Type): Any way to disassemble the ball cage?

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    yes please let us know.. what mouse do you intend to put them in?
    I have the m0100 mouse. Actually have a couple with my Mac 128k, 512k and my Lisa 2/10

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    Laser mice aren't any better, the optics can get scratched or dirty internally and cause erratic mouse movement just like a ball mouse.

I often come across "dead" laser mice where the inside of the mouse has collected grime or the plastic lens has become clouded or scratched. A bit of cleaning and polishing the plastic can usually bring them back to life.
    It must depend on the mouse. I've been using Genius laser mice for years--now running through a PS/2-to-USB adapter-- and love them, compared to the old ball mice that I've used. The ball mice just pick up crud from about any surface and cleaning them is a real chore. A little Windex on the bottom of the laser mouse seems to take care of keeping it going.

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    You can buy them on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291621023287

The question is if they're the right size. Mouse balls tended to vary quite a bit between manufacturers and even models.
    Nope, they arrived and are way too small. I guess I'll grab my micrometer and actually measure the ball in my Mac mouse later.